I took it from him, grabbed the rubber, and discarded the package off the bed. "Show off."

He reapplied the lube to his hand as I got the condom on, still twitching from the previous release as I slid it down to the base. Simon's hands returned, but this time in a less methodical way. I could tell from his face and how he moved his hips that his restraint was slipping, precum staining the front of his underwear.

I leaned forward to kiss his clavicle, then under his chin, eliciting a mewl I could feel from his throat. His hand spread the gel over the condom, warmed up by his hand and my hard-on, but my body stiffened as he raised his ass from my lap. I removed my lips from his neck to look up at him. "Are you sure?"

Slight confusion swirled in his eyes. "I've never been more sure."

I gulped. "We can stop if it's too much, or if you're—"

His lips on mine silenced whatever else I had to say. Nearly lost in the heat of the kiss, I placed a tentative hand against his chest. He parted reluctantly, but I needed to be certain. I quickly added before I could forget, "if, at any point, we can stop."

He pursed his lips but nodded. "I don't plan on it. But I could say the same to you. Are you sure?"

Though the fears of my wolf taking control once plagued my mind, I had never been more sure of anything in my life. I hadn't sensed my wolf this entire time, and there was no way I'd deny Simon or myself of this moment. Not when this moment felt nothing short of perfect.

"Yes," I breathed, and it was all it took for Simon to return to my lips, his body pressing against mine. His hands slipped from my shoulder to his underwear, slipping them off finally, relieving the pressure, which I was sure must have felt glorious. It was still stiff-rod, pressed between our abdomens, as his left hand grasped mine, gently swirling a finger over the tip in that sinful way. He exposed his neck as I peppered it with kisses, my hand wrapped around his waist in a firm embrace.

Though he had prepared us both, I couldn't imagine this being exactly comfortable at first. Using my free hand to help him spread his entrance, he guided the tip, resting it there for a few seconds. Our arousal intensified as he lowered himself down, the tip just breaching past the tense ring of muscles. Heat filled both of us, stifling; our bodies stiffened as we prepared for what was to come. Though I longed to reach my hips up and allow him to sit comfortably against my hip, we needed to be patient and let our bodies finally learn and adapt to each other in a way we had never allowed it to before.

It was an unbearably slow process, letting Simon inch his way further down the shaft as the heat worked through every crevice of our bodies. I kept my lips on his neck, breathing in his scent to calm the urge to move in tandem with him. I'd let him go at his own pace until I knew he was comfortable. Though it felt like an impossible fit, I could feel the pressure slowly ease, Simon slowly moving up and down, taking more and more of me each time. The little sounds he'd make were almost enough to make me lose my mind so I bit my bottom lip to prevent myself from biting the skin at the base of his neck.

Goosebumps formed along his skin as he took the full length, the intrusion causing him to throw his head back. His stomach tightened, his cock twitching against my stomach. I kissed his exposed neck again, wrapping my hand into his hair to bring him closer to me. Once I felt comfortable that he wasn't in any pain, I raised my hips ever so slightly, matching the pace of his movements to get closer and closer to him.

In a way that this was all I could ask for; I wanted more and more of him.

I wanted him to bear the mark, to bear his. I wanted our scents on each other, so everyone knew he was my mate. I wanted this moment to be a memory we'd have forever. I wanted this feeling, the euphoria of us together like this, to last forever.

This was everything I could've asked for: everything and more than I ever thought possible. I couldn't possibly imagine anything but him and the feeling of love between us ever again.

And as our desperate attempts to get even closer and closer until our bodies melted together into one, we felt the overwhelming heat of our bond intensify in a way that made everything we had ever doubted disappear.

We fell apart in the best way then, together, in a way that I could call nothing less than perfection.

As the high of our orgasms carried on, I couldn't help but feel overwhelmed by the realization of everything that had led up to this moment. All the years of pain, loss, second chances, and everything in between—all amounting to this very moment, this love.

It transcended anything I could have ever hoped for, and with the look in Simon's eyes, I couldn't have asked for more. My eyes burned at the way my heart soared, and our bond had made every sensation a thousand times better than the last.

Tears I hadn't realized were dripping down my face and falling against my chest in warm splatters, but these were happy tears of sheer joy and immense relief.

Simon's hands returned to my face, his warm eyes a gentle reminder that this was as real as it gets. "Vince," he said my name repeatedly, his body still lost in the throes of coming down from his orgasm.

"Simon," I breathed against his lips before he could muffle it with another kiss. It was less heated than our last, tender and soft as his body relaxed against me, the exhaustion slowly overcoming him.

"Vince," he whispered against that sensitive spot against my neck as his hands found mine. "I love you."

If I hadn't already been completely spent, I was certain that alone would've pushed me over the edge once again.

Simon had dozed off for a few moments against my chest, our hearts racing while our hands interlocked against my shoulder. Though I was just as exhausted and nearly fell asleep, I knew falling sleeping like this probably wasn't ideal.

"Simon," I said against the shell of his ear, hoping I wouldn't startle him awake. He groaned once, then blinked the grogginess from his eyes. "We should clean up first."

He pouted. "No. Sleep."

"You can sleep," I said. "Let me grab a cloth or something."

As I tried to slip out from underneath him, his hand left mine to grip my wrists in place. "Don't leave."

I leaned forward to place a kiss against his temple, muttering, "I'll be right back."

Without looking up at me, he grumbled under his breath, "you better. I'll be timing you, mister."

I laughed, which only made his pout more pronounced, though he released my wrist, allowing me enough room to get off the bed.

I didn't want to leave the bed either, but I couldn't imagine it being comfortable to sleep without cleaning up our mess. Making a beeline to the bathroom, I discarded the condom and looked for the clean towels under the sink. I grabbed two, ran warm water, and used one to clean the mess against my lower stomach.

Once done, I returned to the bed, grabbing one of the sheets to cover our bodies as I ran the towel over Simon's skin. He made a content sound at my touch, bringing a smile to my face as he turned onto his back. His eyes fluttered closed, but not before he could smile back, whispering a faint "thank you" before nuzzling the pillow.

I set the towel on the nightstand, our legs tangling together as our hands found each other under the sheet. Whether he was thanking me for cleaning up or for what we had just done, it still left a warm feeling in my chest. His body turned back on his side to rest his head against my chest as I turned toward him, my other hand resting against his back in a lover's embrace. He mewled at the contact before completely relaxing in my arms.

"No, thank you," I said, though he had already fallen asleep. The words I longed to say sat at the tip of my tongue, so instead, I mouthed I love you, hoping that while my words failed me, he'd understand that I felt the same.