"Art? What is it? What's wrong?" Tess asked, a little concerned as she caressed my face.

"M-my mana core. I-it's at the w-white stage," I said in disbelief.

Tess looked at me in shock, eyes wide and mouth agape. Tess quickly composed herself as she moved forward, bringing me into a warm embrace.

"Congratulations, Art," Tess whispered ecstatically.

Tess lifted her head and looked at me, a little confused, "But I thought you needed an artifact to become a white core mage?"

I nodded my head, "That's what Gramps said. Maybe the elixir acted like an artifact and helped give me the extra push I needed."

Tess nodded, "That would make sense."

"Ugh, what happened?"

Tess and I looked at each other dumbfounded, wondering where the child-like voice came from. We both looked towards the bed and saw Sylvie lying on her back, stretching her legs in the air. She rolled over and laid on her belly, giving a big yawn.

Sylvie looked at Tess and me and gave us a smirk.

"Well don't you two look comfortable," Sylvie said teasingly.

Tess and I looked at Sylvie with wide eyes trying to comprehend what had just happened.

"S-Sylv, you just spoke," I said flabbergasted.

Sylvie tilted her head in confusion. "I've been speaking to you for a long time, papa."

"No! Out loud!" I said as Tess, and I stood up in shock.

"What? Out loud?" Suddenly Sylvie's eyes went wide, and she quickly stood up.

"I-I spoke out loud?! I can speak out loud!!" Sylvie said excitedly as she quickly ran in a circle in the bed, getting a laugh out of Tess and me.

Sylvie stopped running in a circle and faced Tess. "Quick, mama, you can hear me, right?!" Sylvie asked enthusiastically. Tess smiled and nodded happily. "Yay!!" Sylvie yelled as she jumped into Tess' arms.

Tess hugged Sylvie bringing her into a cuddle until Tess registered what Sylvie had just said.

She broke the hug and curiously looked at Sylvie, who was in her arms. "Wait. Did you call me mama?"

Sylvie nodded happily. "Yep! You're my Mama! And Arthur is my Papa!"

Tess smiled brightly with a heavy blush before she took Sylvie into another hug. "I love you, my little dragon," Tess said as she looked down deep in thought with a smile. As she looked down, I saw her eyes begin to water a little.

"Tess? You ok?" I asked, a little worried. Tess' eyes flicked to me before she nodded with a warm smile.

"It's like we have our own little family," Tess said in a joyous tone.

Sylvie smiled and purred in her arms. I smiled brightly at her, and I walked forward and brought them into a hug. Sylvie has been with us for a good part of our lives, but for some reason, this felt like our first family hug.

"I love you two," I said.

"I love you too, papa!" Sylvie said.

"I love you too, Art," Tess said.

I broke the hug, and Sylvie licked Tess on her cheek, causing her to giggle. I smiled as I stepped forward and gently grabbed Tess' chin, lifting her head, so her eyes met mine.

"My turn," I said gently as I leaned forward. Tess smiled as she leaned forward, and we pressed our lips together, sharing a deep, loving kiss.

We broke the kiss, and I placed my hands on Tess' waist as Sylvie jumped on my shoulder. Tess wrapped her arms around my neck before we leaned our foreheads against each other.