Part 107

Goh: "the wild area offers a chance to catch unlimited Pokémon!"

(We cut to the present)

Goh: at least so I thought.

(Flash back)

(We see grookey poking an applin constantly as it runs away)

(Flashback end)

Goh: grookey you could be less rambunctious

Ash: I've got it, we'll have dinner, then get to bed early and go out tomorrow 

Goh: dinner, that's what I'm talking about!

(Y/N): oh?

Goh: we'll attract Pokémon to us with some yummy smelling food.

Ash: totally, that's a great idea!

(Y/N): yeah, I can cook us some. I'm no expert at good at making Pokémon food but I have been learning more and more about cooking lately so we should be able to craft up something really nice.

Goh: (smug) you mean how Chloe has been helping you improve. (Nudges him)

(Y/N): (blushing) s-shut up!

Ash: huh?

(We skip time as we see the food is prepared and looks extra delicious)

All 3 of them: let's eat! (They chow down as do the Pokémon as they eat it all) yeah curry is the best! 

Goh: wait what have we done!

Ash: we ate it all.

(Y/N): (we see his stomach is the only one that isn't bloated) I told you both to slow down and save some.

(We hear the grass rustling as they look to see a shadowy figure of a Pokémon)

Ash: Goh?

(Zooms in and we see it's a thwackey)

Rotom phone: thwackey, the beat Pokémon, a grass type. Using its two sticks Thwackey beats out a high temp rhythm so it can gain the respect of its peers.

Goh: what do you know, your next evolutionary form

(Y/N): it looks different from what I was expecting (thinking of a more wild and hyperactive and even more hard to control green monkey design wise) but it's still cool. 

Goh: it should have two sticks (we see the thwackey they see and it indeed only has one stick as it moves away)

Ash: Goh look it's getting away!

Goh: pokeball go! (He throws a pokeball but thwackey hits it away with it's one stick) what are you- (he gets hit in the face by the ball)

Ash: woah.

(Y/N): it really has spirit, guess it doesn't wanna be caught. You may have to win it over like you did with grookey.

(The thwackey goes away as grookey looks amazed)

(We see theif set up on camp for the night and are sat by a lamp)

Ash: (laughs) thwackey's name comes from it thwacking with a branch

Goh: it's not a branch Ash, it's a stick.

(Y/N): thank god it's not a branch that thick density of wood compared to a branch it could whack you with is terrifying. 

Goh: but the Pokédex mentioned two sticks and I saw it only had one.

Man: did that thwackey do a number on you too?