chapter 9 - "dont trust everything you see, even salt looks like sugar"

"IZU!!" Hita yelled as he arrived back at the camp, the Pussy Cats just smiled and prepared him a plate of dinner.

It was decently late, but Aizawa wouldn't let him leave.

_________________________________________

"Why the hell did you run off like that!? And leaving Anahita! That was dangerous! What if I hadn't found her!?" Aizawa scolded, Izuku just silently stated at the ground.

He was used to scolding, Inko and Hisashi did that regularly, and speaking of Inko-

"Exactly, listen to him, your a menace! Useless! You only cause problems!" Inko yelled, he wanted to lash out at Inko, but whenever he saw her- he just couldn't, like his body was being controlled.

Aizawa continued with his scolding, before asking, "why.. did you jump?"

Izuku fully expected the question, but he didn't know how to really answer.

[My fault.] He signed, trying to push past the teacher.

"Elaborate, why would it be your fault?"

[My.. parents, Inko and Hisashi, that was them, it's my fault they did this. My fault that happened. My fault they existed.]

"That's not- what do you mean it's your fault they existed?"

[A quirk, made me hallucinate them, they existed cause of me, and all I could do to stop them was-]

"Problem child, slow down, I can't read what your trying to say if you go that fast, now, have they been bothering you, still, after the hallucinations? I recall you saying something about them in your mind before."

Izuku just nodded and left the classroom, Aizawa didn't stop him this time.

_________________________________________

[Hita! Hi!] He smiled fondly at his sister, the Pussy Cats attempted to greet the boy- but were met with a hand as he and Anahita exited towards their treehouse.

He knew what they'd done.

He lost all faith and hope in the group, and wanted nothing more than to just run away and keep Hita and Kota safe.

The danger of the situation crowded Izukus thoughts that night, and he was quick to his feet when there was noise outside.

"I-zuku? You up..?" Kota? Up at this hour?

Izuku dropped his ladder and waited for Kota to climb. He just now noticed the steady stream of tears and his puffy red eyes.

"Izuku please help- i- they're- someone-" his usual gruff annoyed voice was now frantic and rushed.

He pulled Kota into a hug and sat with the boy, he knew what the boy ment, the danger had arrived.

"Kota! Anahita! We know you are here! Please comply so we do not have to harm your kitty family." A stern voice boomed, no doubt one of the Hero Commissions soldiers.

With a further summary from Kota, the Pussy Cats had been drugged and knocked out, while Kota ran all the way to the treehouse.

So, in quick quiet movments, he grabbed he and Hitas emergency bags and shook her awake, signing [danger] and pulling her to her feet. The luckily intelligent girl slipped her shoes on quickly and grabbed her stuff bear.

He grabbed both their hands and led them our through a window, making sure to eye every single soldier in the premises.

In quick, fluidity, both the children were being held against his chest- holding him for dear life.