She put her book down on the floor, expecting the two boys to come inside her room for some reason.

And she had her answers when they burst into the room. Peter was in his animagus form, and Sirius and James were holding Remus who was crying and groaning.

"Oh, my god," Callie breathed as she stood up. Her knees wobbled she needed Regulus' support.

He gave it without a question and stood beside her, watching as Remus slowly transformed into a werewolf. The younger Black's lips remained sealed but his eyes were wide, showing the fear and disbelief within them.

And no. He was not afraid of werewolves or Remus. He was afraid Callie would get hurt. Instinctively, his arms hovered in front of the girl. Both their knees wobble and their bodies vibrate. Proof of that was their shaking hands.

"Is he, is he okay?" Callie asked breathly, holding onto Regulus still, gripping tight on his forearm.

She wouldn't deny the fear. Both fear of getting hurt by Remus who was losing control of himself and fear of Remus hurting.

"He'd be better if you get your arse out of here!" Sirius yelled, trying to get Remus away from Callie.

She knew he didn't mean that in a hurting way. He was just panicking about what was happening. And so was she. That was why she couldn't move in the first place!

"But-But Remus-"

"Go, Callie!" James yelled, making her flinch.

"Let's go," Regulus whispered, his voice stable unlike hers or anyone's in the room.

It was as though he was used to loud noises, shouts, and yells that flinching was out of his vocabulary. He had to thank his parents for that.

But Callie didn't listen. She couldn't move. Not when her knees were visibly quivering. Not when Remus was in pain. Not like that.

Which was a stupid move.

Remus had completely transformed even before she could lift a toe. And without a prompt, he attacked.

Callie was frozen where she stood with eyes wide and blood drained.

But Regulus was not. He immediately acted; jumping onto her to push her to the ground, leaving Remus scrambling onto the bed.

That was only when she managed to understand what was happening.

She, too, crawled away from Remus in fear. Tears surrounded her eyes, blurring her vision, but she kept them at bay. Her lips quivered, not allowing her to utter a word.

James without hesitation turned himself into his animagus, hoping he'd control his friend. He got in between Remus and the two, shielding them from his almost uncontrollable friend.

Sirius turned to his brother. With an intent gaze, he yelled, "Go! Take her!"

Regulus barely nodded as he got up on his feet. He took Callie's hand, forcing her to stand up too.

She had no idea where the strength came from. The two of them flee the room, sprinting without question as Sirius turned into a black dog.

Regulus was practically dragging her outside. And she had no idea how she wasn't tripping with the state of her legs, Regulus' speed, and the rocky grounds they were stepping on.

They crawled out of the willow, panting heavily. Regulus helped her up and as soon as she was on her feet, he continued dragging her. And it seemed as though he knew where they were going. With the absence of light —— thanks to the night sky —— seeing the way through the grassy field proved to be quite the obstacle.