Chapter 1: She who went back in time.

Re·gres·sion /rəˈɡreSH(ə)n/ - a return to a former or less developed state.

Velia's POV

It's been a week since I woke up into this timeline. At first, I couldn't believe it. It was a difficult pill to swallow. It refuted all norms. It was impossible and way beyond the natural laws of Science.

You could imagine how confusing that would be for me. A week ago, habang kumakain ako ng almusal, thinking it was just the same regular day at the mansion after almost dying. Things started going south.

Medyo may tampo nga ako sa lolo Fred ko, dahil you know he was nowhere to be found given that I almost died on my way home. I was expecting him to be worried or mad but what the hell? He was  nonchalant. In fact he was nowhere to be found when I woke up.

While conversing with Gwen things get even awry. I started to feel confused and annoyed. She keeps on mentioning things that happened 5 years ago. I tried reprimanding her but to no avail, she just look at me half as confused as I am.

I was starting to think that she was just messing up with me. Like she thinks I was going to act out since Lolo Fred is not here to handle me. However, I was horrified when I saw my cousin who died 3 years ago. I was petrified.

No way! There's no freaking way a dead man could walk like that. Right there and then I thought I had gone crazy. But a few seconds later memories flashed before me. My head felt like its about to burst, it as if it was going to split open.

When the pain was unbearable for me I lost consciousness. I was unconscious for the entire day then when I awoke that night. Errr, I realized I had traveled back in time. To be more precise, I regress back to my 17-year-old self.

I could still vividly see and remembers the day before my regression took place. I was on my way home. It was our summer vacation. Maaliwalas at maganda ang sikat ng araw hangang sa pumasok kami sa magubat na parte ng Changbai province.

It was a bright and sunny day but when we are almost at the heart of the forest of Changbai province suddenly the clouds turn gray. Rain started to pour down.

I remember joking with Mr. Hans that it feels ominous and it was like the beginning of every cliche horror story.

"A ghost might appear." I jokingly said.

We were laughing when suddenly we are ambush. Bullets are coming coming from every direction.

It was chaotic. My bodyguards died one after another.

"Mr. Hans, what's happening" I ask habang tumatakas kami sa mga humahabol samin.

Instead of answering me he just told me to hold on tight. Loud screech of wheels could be heard.

In a blur of a moment, bumanga kami. Duguan na si Mr. Hans. Lumabas kami sa sasakyan at agad naman kaming dinaluhan ng ilan sa mga natitira pa naming body guard.

Things happened too fast. Hindi ko na nga namalayan how the hell I got out from the car.

Tinuloy lang namin ang pagtakbo, but our pursuer are so persistent. Ilang minuto lang ay nasa likuran na namin sila. Nagpalitan na naman ng mga putok ng baril sina Mr. Hans and the unknown man.

I was afraid and not inferior nor weak. For my last breath I was terrified. I don't know what was happening and what was wrong.

Nacorner na nila kami. We are down to 3 people. Me, one of my bodyguards, and Mr. Hans. I was shaking involuntarily, hindi ko na alam kung dahil ba ito sa ulan o sa takot but then Mr. Hans reassure me that everything would be fine.