steve- abused.

I wake up in a hospital bed. My memory is foggy.. the last thing I remember is arguing with my dad.. then me on the floor surrounded by bottles of pills.
Im pulled out of my thoughts by the doctor coming in the room.
"Ah, y/n! Your awake. We nearly lost you there. Because of your suicide attempt you will have to stay here for at least four days to make sure your getting better and don't do anything silly."
"Oh.. ok. Did anyone stop by to see me?"
"Your mother called the ambulance for you, however unfortunately no one came to visit. Would you like for us to inform someone about what happened?"
"Only Steve Harrington please.." i say as tears roll down my place skin.
No one came.. not even my mom.. i mean of course they didn't it's not like anyone would care if i died or not. My father already wants me dead so they must be celebrating. Maybe Steve will care... Maybe..
STEVES POV:
I'm currently at a shift at scoops hanging out with robin.
"Hey dingus someone's calling for you!" Robin says as she hangs me over the phone.
"Thanks. Hello?"
"Hello, is this Steve Harrington?"
"Yes."
"Ok, i am a doctor here at Hawkins hospital and i wanted to inform you that yesterday y/n l/n attempted to commit suicide by use of overdose. He's awake now but still not in the best condition. He asked to call you for him." As soon as he says that my stomach drops and i almost drop the phone in shock.
"O-ok. Thank you for letting me know I'm on my way." I say hanging up the phone and grabbing my keys in a hurry.
Robin asks me something but all i can hear is my heavy heartbeat.
I get in the car and head to the hospital.
Y/NS POV:
It's been a while and still no Steve. Why did i even bother, no one cares about me anyway.
But to my surprise, i hear his voice through the corridors.
"Where is he? Where's y/n?" His voice sounds broken and like he's on the verge of tears.
Once again I'm pulled out of my depressing thoughts by someone running into my room. I look up to see who it is and see Steve. He carries a worried look on his face and tears in his eyes.
"Y/n!" He says now kneeling next to my bed.
"..hey." i manage to say, with my raspy weak voice.
"What happened?"
"I took some pills.." i say with endless tears escaping my eyes as i look down in disappointment.
"What pills?"
"Oh you know.. pills." (See what i did there.)
"..why? Why would you do that?" He says now holding my hand crying.
"I jus- i just couldn't take it anymore.. The pain..i had to end it.."
"Y/n.. did something happen at home you didn't tell me?" He says with his voice breaking from his cries.
"... It's not that big of a deal.. my dad harms me because of his addictions and my mom.. Well, she just watched as he beats me up.. she doesn't even flinch at the thought of him harming me... And i guess i just gave up, you know? Decided to make their lives better.. to make everyone's life's better by getting rid of me."
"Y/n.. you should have told me i could've helped.. thank God your ok i couldn't live without you.."
"Yes you could. You don't have to pretend you care just because I'm broken inside."
"I'm not pretending. My life is way better because i met you! Your the person who most makes me laugh even when I'm sad.. haven't you realized that I- that most of the time i always smile because you walk into the room.. and that my day always gets better when your in it? That's because I- i care about you!... I love you.. look, when you get out of the hospital your staying at my house ok? I'm not letting you stay in that place."
"Thank you Steve.. i love you too. I promise I'll try to get better.."
"Let's just take one day at a time ok?"
"Yeah.. ok."