• 23 steady breath •

Start from the beginning

I thought of Jin. Was he even here? I kinda wished he was... The very same moment I thought of him, my eyes fell on a large back behind the bar. I gulped.

He didn't look like Jin but my feet moved by themselves. The man was wearing an elegant black suit and from behind, I could see his hair combed back neatly.

I slowly approached him with little steps. When I was next to him, I realized he had his face in his hands so I couldn't see his face. I didn't know if the man was just asleep or deep in his thoughts. I didn't think it was Jin so I sighed and turned around to walk away and find Soyon.

Jin would never come anyway.

But before I could, the man called my name in a deep voice. "Namsu." I swallowed my saliva painfully and slowly turned around.

My breath got stuck in my lungs and I felt my insides clench. He was stunning. His hair was combed back to let show his perfectly proportional forehead and his eyes seemed bigger than usual, his skin seemed radiant and his plumb usual dry lips shone and appeared smooth. An amazing smell was coming from him and he looked absolutely perfect. Out of time. Inhuman.

I didn't know if it was just because I wasn't used to seeing him so clean and neat but I couldn't stop staring at him

I didn't know if it was just because I wasn't used to seeing him so clean and neat but I couldn't stop staring at him. And he was staring back, eyeing me up and down with eyes slightly widened too. 

I couldn't realize how many seconds, or minutes we stayed staring at each other but people around us must think we were awkward. This could have lasted longer if we weren't interrupted by Soyon and Namjoon who were walking toward us, arms elegantly locked.

"Thank you for coming, both of you," Soyon bowed and I bowed back, Jin nodded, his doe eyes had gone from impressed to lazy in a split second when he had noticed them.

As always, Namjoon wasn't talking but just stealing me glances and ignoring Jin. This man was weird, I knew something was going on and I hated that it was so obvious but I didn't know what.

"Please, enjoy the party," she added and took Namjoon's hand, intertwining sweetly their fingers before turning around; Namjoon never let his eyes off me until he couldn't see me anymore.

I was about to express to Jin how weird his brother was but he had already stood up and was walking away.

"Hey!" I ran after him and grabbed his arm to make him look back at me. I immediately let go of him when he looked down at me with the ice-est gaze.

"What?" He asked dryly. Jin was very tall and I felt almost ridiculous next to his tall figure but I shrugged this feeling off, clearing my throat. Actually, I didn't know why I stopped him, I didn't know what to say.

He waited almost hopefully for me to say something, his eyes softening faintly, but when he understood I had nothing to say, he shook his head disappointed and made his way through the crowd. Was he hoping I would hold him back? Somehow it looked like it, but I was probably being paranoid.