"Are you going to kill me?"

The woman's eyebrows perked up at this.

"Kill you?" She exclaimed, placing a hand over her heart. "My gods, why would I do that?"

"Because you broke into my room and you've trapped me in here like you're going to kill me," I said.

She chuckled softly as she shook her head. "I did not come here to kill you, Nadine Cullen," She said. "I simply wanted to see if the true mate of Caius Volturi actually existed."

"Well, here I am," I gave her a sarcastic smile. But as the feeling of annoyance grew, it dropped as fast it came and my face quickly turned into a scowl. "And if you're not going to kill me, then get out," I snapped.

Another chuckle escaped her lips. "My, my, you are feisty."

"Get. Out!" I growled. My temper flared, my patience running thin.

Only, the woman simply smirked.

"Of course, your highness," She bowed mockingly and laughed.

"Sorry to interrupt you."

* * *

After I had finished my breakfast, I found no peace as the woman and her damn smirk still played in my mind.

I clinched my fists, annoyed and intrigued at the same time.

I knew she apart of the Khan Coven that Caius seemed so urgent to leave for, but now I found myself wanting to meet these mystery people more and more as time grew on.

I didn't see Caius for most of that day, but he had sent me a 'present,' two guards to tour me around the castle so I wouldn't be bored all day.

I had to say, I was grateful as there was nothing I hated more than being cooped up.

They practically showed me everything, from the oldest parts of the castle to the new. All the details of when it was built, how, and by whom.

I was somewhat shocked to know that the three kings had a major part in its creation. Especially Caius, whom I learned was actually responsible for decorating the castle.

Most of the paintings, wallpaper, and designs were by him.

I didn't even attempt to hide my shock when they told me that.

When I thought of Caius, something as...relaxing as painting didn't seem to go quite well with his temper. But alas, I figured that maybe there was more to him that I had realized.

And a huge part of me was excited to find out that side.

As we continued though, my excitement died down when another vampire approached us.

Alec.

I hadn't seen him very much but I recognized him from the battlefield. He had a neutral expression on his face, as he always did. But the sheer presence of his power could still be felt.

The vampires behind me tensed at the sight of him. I however smiled, giving him a slight nod.

"My lady," He greeted me formally, as if he couldn't kill me and everyone in this castle if he so pleased.

"Alec," I greeted back, "What can I do for you?" I asked, knowing he must be here for something.

"The Masters have requested your presence in the throne room," He informed me.

At this I flinched, remembering the last time I went there.

"Now?" I questioned, a bit of dread in my voice. He nodded.

"Master Caius says it is important you finally meet our guests," He said.

I sighed at his words. I looked sadly behind me at the vampires that were giving me the tour, and then back at Alec. But, knowing I had no choice, I hesitantly left and walked behind Alec to the dreaded room.

When we got there, it was filled with lots of red eyes and lots unfamiliar faces.

Caius' was the only one that looked remotely happy to see me. The others only looked at me curiously, giving me the same feeling I had when I first walked up those stairs and took my place beside Caius.

As soon I did, six vampires were kneeling in front of me. Including the woman from earlier. Upon seeing her on her knees with the rest of her coven, a clear contrast from what she was like before, I smirked.

The trill of power of seeing someone that annoyed me suddenly on their knees before me felt good racing through my veins.

"Your grace," The oldest and presumably the leader of the coven greeted me with a smile. I looked at him, unimpressed.

"You may rise," I told him, and as soon as I did, all six vampires were back to looking at me.

Caius grinned.

"You are wise to kneel before your new Queen," He noted, taking my hand.

One of the vampire stepped up, a boy that looked around nineteen. He was handsome, but the cunning look in his eye made my stomach feel uneasy. Not to mention the fact that the lights flickered as he began to speak, whatever power he had radiating off of him.

"Your grace," He started, the words rolling off of his tongue with his accent, "The tales of you do not even begin to do your beauty it's Justice."

I pursed my lips. "There's tales of me already?" I mused, looking at Caius.

"Of course. Everyone is talking about the new Queen of the Volturi," The woman from earlier stepped up to say.

Though she was more formal now, that same look of mischief remained in her eyes.

I narrowed my own at her. "Is that so?"

"Yes," She bowed her head, "Even I, Prionka Khan must admit; you are beautiful my grace. And I don't admit a lot of things."

A few chuckled rang out as she said this. Aro smiled, amused, but I was anything but as I continued staring at her.

Prionka Khan, huh? So that was her name. Fitting, especially since her personality was the same as her name.

'Mischievous.'

I wondered briefly what exactly she and her coven were doing here. But, as I thought this, Aro suddenly spoke up.

"Nadine, my dear, would you come here for a moment?" He asked, holding out his hand. Everyone looked at me expectantly, including Caius. He nodded slightly, warning me his eyes not to refuse.

So, I didn't.

I stepped down and made my way over to Aro. I allowed him to grasp my hand and stood beside him, standing right in front of the Khan Coven.

"Our visitors here have an...interesting proposal," Aro informed me. My eyebrows quirked up at this. "In fact, they have travelled all the way from their homeland to tell us the news themselves."

"And that would be...?" I asked, looking directly at the leader again.

He smiled, but it didn't quite reach his eyes as he looked up at me. "My Queen," He began, "We have travelled far and wide to announce this to you: as your humble servants, the Khan clan would like to formally invite you to our home and throw a celebration in your honor. We respect you as well as the entirety of the Volturi coven, and it would be an honor to have you in our home and accept you as our new Queen."