A little too curious

Are you ready to go yet or are you still having fun?"

" O-oh um, if you wanna go we can go. We were just talking." I look over at D and he smiles sheepishly at Kari,

" Oh HEY! Mr. Capitan! Great party, man."

" Mr.Capitan?" he tilts his head in confusion.

" Sorry, I forgot your names and I know you are the Captain of a team, so, you know. Mr.Capitan." she overly explained, I think she was just drunk.

" Well, Kim and I were just talking-"

She stuck her hand out, cutting him off, " Kim? How long did you guys talk? Took me about a year before I could call her Kimmy, what kind of sorcery have you done, sir? Tell me to know, and I will tell the church!" we shared a laugh,

" All I did was ask. So, Kari, I heard you found me handsome. Is that true." he starts to walk toward her almost seductively, awaiting her answer.

" Well, you are a looker." she smiles. At that moment I started to feel knots in my stomach.

" I think I drank too much, maybe we should just go," I complain, hoping that I'd feel better when the dynamic is just Kari and me again.

" Okay, um... should we call a cab or something? I've been drinking quite a bit myself."

" How about I drive you guys home? I only had a few sips so I'm pretty sober." D and Kari smiled at each other and then at me thinking it was a perfect plan until I said,

" Guys, I can't leave my car here. Also if you drove my car then how would you get back? I don't live in this neighborhood." they look back at one another with understanding and a hint of disappointment.

Kari gets an idea and starts hopping in excitement, " what if he drives up to my place since it's practically around the corner and you just text your mom and tell her we're having a sleepover!" making an impressed face, she folds her arms feeling as though she solved the world's hardest problem.

" isn't your place the reason we're at this party? Plus, your dad might not want me to stay if he's upset."

" Damnit. Oh wait, what if we stay here tonight?" she turns to D making a face that was just an indirect question, " we tell your mom you are mine, and I tell my dad nothing and we're all off the hook in the morning and it's a Saturday so it's not like we have school. Wait, you don't go to church or anything do you?" she points at D, already convinced herself that he was okay with her plan.

" Um, no but I don't know how this would go over if people found out you both slept over plus I don't know anywhere that isn't my bedroom you could sleep without the risk of running into my parents." scratching the back of his head, he walked over to the cabinet with the scotch and put the bottle back into it.

" Okay, then we'll sleep in your room. Who cares if people think we slept with you, you've porked almost every girl here, right?" He looked up confused and I was curled into myself knowing that those were just rumors.

" Well, let's just hope no one tries to ruin your rep over this. Aside from that, I'm fine with you guys staying in my room. I'll stay in the guest room or the living room if it's not too dirty-

" Why not stay in the room? Wait, is your room small or something?" Kari said, her words slurring together like, a backwoods hillbilly with no teeth and a jug of moonshine.

" Kari, sit down. You're too drunk right now." I said, catching second-hand embarrassment. She walks over to me and sits on my lap, flopping her arms around my neck and leaning her head right beneath my chin. My heart started racing again and other parts of me were reacting in less than modest ways. I wanted to excuse myself but she was on top of me and I didn't know how to act.