The memories

When you grow up with a well-off family and no ambition, you find yourself behind a screen most days but when you find someone that just gets you, it's easy to make them your everything. The problem with that is- they can be taken away. You never think that's going to happen though, we were young and felt like the world was built for us and all of our dumb antics. There's not much I could say about my upbringing other than that shit was draining, but still, I went on like nothing ever happened until that night.

It was the summer before my senior year and I wanted to spend it with the only friend I've ever had, a classic ebony beauty named Kari. cocoa butter-covered chestnut skin, long black curly hair, super smart, ambitious, and really into anime, she was the total package. Most people would think I would be jealous but I wasn't, it was the exact opposite. I didn't know back then and it's too late now, but I'll always have the memories.

The summer before my senior year I had gotten a new car for my eventual graduation, my dad was too excited to wait but my mom was a little upset, but knowing that he and I would be happy the only thing she said was,

" Don't be reckless, and let us know where you're going to be and when you expect to be back." she smiled but I could see the slight fear in her eyes when she handed me the key. It always seems to be tough when parents have to accept that their kids aren't kids anymore but I didn't give a shit about that, I GOT A NEW RIDE, BITCHES!

When I got out on that open road, I only had one destination in mind, Kari's house. She was better off than my family so it was about a half-hour drive there. Most days her driver would pick us up but I have a sneaking suspicion that her driver is just her older brother because They have the same eyes. When get there I ring the bell at the gate,

" Kimmy! You bitch, tell me you didn't get a car before me!" she laughs

"Let me in so I can rub it in your face!" I bit my lip in excitement when she hit the buzzer to let me in. When I pulled up to the front she came running out to congratulate me.

" OH MY GOD, you got a Lambo?! YAS BITCH!"

I hastily got out of the car, forgetting to park properly. The car starts rolling down the driveway and I rush to stop it, nearly hitting the driver.

" God, I am so sorry! I just got excited and I forgot-"

He remains stoic as he raises a hand calmly to speak,

" It's alright young lady, I am unharmed but I appreciate your concern." he lowers his hand as he walks toward the front door, greeting Kari as he passes, shutting the door gently behind himself. Kari looked at me with a shocked face and began to laugh,

" Oh my god, girl. Are you trying to take out my ride so I'd have to ride with you?" still chuckling as she approaches the car to get a look at the inside.

" shh, I'll never tell you my motives." I joked looking back to the windshield, " Hey, does he always go through the front door like that? Aren't employees supposed to enter from the side?"

Kari, not even paying attention says, " yeah but my family has known him forever so they're cool with him doing just about whatever. He's kinda like my uncle." She hops in the driver's seat and starts pretending to drive, making car sounds and everything.

It was like, every little thing she did, made me smile back then. I miss her.