Chapter 11 (Last)

Annika and Bani stormed downstairs leaving their husbands to their own thoughts. Veeranshu and Shivaay stared at each other.

V: We screwed up!

S: Big time!

V: Ugh!

He cursed himself for not trusting his wife enough. Shivaay ran his fingers through his hair.

S: We need to own up to our mistakes but we cannot let them get away! Come on man!

V: Yeah- BANI!!

They ran downstairs and noticed that the girls were not there.

S: Ye dono kahin firse-?

V: Not again! I cannot live without my wife.

S: Neither can I, without my to-be-wife.

They ran outside and looked around. The cottage was on outskirts so there wasn't much next to it. They ran around and called them to no avail. The number they had mugged off of Chandini wasn't serviceable either.

V: BANI! NO-no no no..

S: Annika! Kahan jaa skti hai ye? Wait- think of positives.

V: Kya khaak positive hai?

S: we need to think rationally if we have to find them. It is mountain place. Zyada transport hoga nahi. So ya to taxi stand ya bus stand- do hi ways hai unke pass...

V: Yeah....I will go to taxi stand..

S: Mai bus stop jaata hoon.

The men parted ways and searched everywhere for their wives but could not find them anywhere. They feared the women had already left in haste before they even got to the stands. They kept calling them every now and then but got only one response- number is switched off. They met at the main market and voiced their worries.

V: Oye ruk-

S: Kya hua?

V: I know my wife. She is very smart. More than I'd like at the moment.

S: kehna kya chahta hai, saaf saaf bol.

V: She must know ki hum unhe dhoodenge so vo kahin jayegi hi nahi.

S: Then?

V: They might have rented a place here. They might just stay hidden here, right under our noses...

S: (gasps in realization) where we least expect!

They called their men and asked them to search every hotel- even the smallest inns for their wives. While the men were at work, they also assigned some men to keep tabs over their activities.

S: I am worried Veere. They ran away without taking any belongings. What if they need money? What if they get stuck?

V: Concerned toh mai bhi bohot hoon but bright side would be ki unhe phone on krna padega...hopefully they took that atleast.

Their men did not bring positive news and they were getting restless. Both were enquiring about their wives in the streets and it was getting dark now.

Veer shows Bani's picture while Shivaay shows Annika's.

S: Apne isse kahin dekha hai...My gf!

V: Hey! Did you see this girl? My wife-

A man noticed and laughed.

Man: arey kiski biwi? Kiski gf? Dono ki hai kya???

His friends laughed.

V: OYE! ZABAN NOCH LUNGA.