Chapter 8

Do you even want me?   -   Kai

I put on some black trousers and a white T-shirt. I toss on a black jacket and my boots.

I grab my school bag and chuck my phone someplace in there. After I make sure I have everything, I set my bag on the desk and step to Kaya. "Hey," I say. She hums and suggests me a cigarette. I accept it and placed it between my chapped lips.

She lights it for me and we just smoke together. It's 5 am and I must be in the academy by 7. Kaya wakes up this early to smoke and go to the gym. I wake up this early to smoke and walk to school.

Sienn is adorable, and Kaya is a bit irritated with the scent of blood in our room, but I don't care for it. I lived in poorer conditions. When I finish with the cig I rub it on the ashtray putting it off. And step back into the room.

I kiss Sienn's forehead and get out of the house. 

--------

After I get out of my last lesson Nika catches up to me and we walk together conversing - well, she speaks, I listen. When we get to the gate of the academy there is a coffee shop and I am in desperate need of a coffee. Thankfully, It's not overpriced and is very affordable and pleasing. I order an espresso with milk and Nika orders a macchiato. 

After we have our drinks we get on our way to my place. We do this every time, walk to the pack and then she goes away to the dorms. 

When we get to the entrances I witness Parker, Kaya's beta, whom I've learned to know as I see her every morning. She waves to me but stops mid-wave when she smelled something. She looks at Nika who does the same.

I get the idea and stroll up the gate leaving both of them alone. When I get in I see Sienn and Luna watching a movie and Dawn is eating a mango above the sink. I walk to her 'cause you know, she's cool. "Real dad energy you got there," I say with a smirk. She laughs and finishes eating.

"How was your day?" She asks. I hum taking a piece of the mango as well.

"It was okay," I say I too eat the mango above the sink.

"How's Kaya?" She asks.

"I don't know. We only smoked together this morning. We didn't speak to each other." I say. She nods and I can see the gloom and disappointment in her eyes.

I finish the mango and go up to our room. I can hear Sienn following me. I and Sienn are a bit more connected than she and Kaya. Perhaps it's because we kissed that one day I followed after her into the woods.

The school has been super stressful since then and I kind of neglected her. I never meant to. I love her. She's stunning and kind, and genuine. And unique. I suppose Kaya doesn't favour her because Jax, her Elf, doesn't like her so much. Jax is my mate, and Eden is Sienn's. I'm mates with Sienn and Jax. But I can declare with all certainty that at this current time, I favour Sienn over Kaya.

Kaya is uncivilised and vicious, she's cold and brutal. She has no compassion. She has no empathy. And Sienn is something you ought to be careful and delicate with. And I'm enraged with myself for putting my school first.

"Hey..." She whispers.

"Hey, princess..." I say. I catch a little smile and a flush on her cheeks. Her smile drops off her face as quickly as it arrived. tears well up in her eyes and I can sense Ares my wolf fussing at that. 

"Do you even want me?" She whispers as if the words are harming her.

"Of course, I want you, Sienn. I'm so so sorry school has been a bitch but I never should have put my studies before you, my mate. I'm sorry. Please forgive me. Kaya... She's problematic. But you are my baby. Okay? I'm sorry for not noticing you... I am so so so so so sorry. You are so exquisite, so thoughtful, too kind for this wretched world. But we'll get through this together. I swear that to you. Please trust me. I promise I just need a bit of time..."

***************************
-----------------------------

Malakai's perspective. yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhh Byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee..................................