Chapter 18 - An Angel

"Mom, I don't have to go." I told her as I sat down next to her on the couch. She looked at my dad then back at me.

"Do you want to go?" She asked me. I slowly nodded. "So go" she said with a little laugh. "What's stopping you?" She asked.

"Well, I don't want to go out and just act like nothing is going on while you are here upset" I told her and she gave me a little smile.

"Thank you for caring about me so much" she said as she grabbed my hand. "But I promise you, I want you to go have fun and after like nothing is going on here. So go." She told me.

"Okay." I said nodding. "I love you guys" I told her and my dad.

"We love you more" She said back then let go of my hand.

"Love you, be safe please." My dad said. "Jaden!" He called for him. I looked over to see Jaden walk closer from the kitchen.

"What's up?" Jaden asked him.

"Where's Travis?" My dad asked him.

"Outside with Landon" Jaden told him.

"Make sure you boys don't let these girls out of your sights, okay?" My dad said and Jaden smiled.

"Of course. This is my sister right here" Jaden said then all the sudden, he wrapped his arms around my neck from behind.

"Jaden my hair!" I yelled at him and he laughed loudly as he pulled away.

"You would think we had you too, Jaden, the way you guys act like sibling all the time." My mom joked.

"Okay we are going." I said as I stood up. "Bye guys" I said with a smile then started to walk away. I'm actually excited to go out.

***

"This is insane" Sab said to me and I looked at her with a smile and nodded. We are at this house party in the hills that has a beautiful view of the city.

"I did not know it would be like this" I said then shook my head. "I'm drunk" I said making us both laugh. I looked over to see Jaden and Travis talking with Landon not to far from here.

"So" I heard her say getting my attention. I looked back at her. "Do you know when you are coming home?" She asked me. I nodded.

"Two days after you. I'll be home on the twenty fifth. Like afternoon ish so I'll see you guys in school the next day." I told her.

"I'm going to go find the bathroom and ask a very hot boy to tell me where it is and direct me there." She said with a smirk causing me to laugh then she walked away. I turned to face the boys, but Landon was already walking my way. He smirked at me.

"Well hi" he said as he got closer.

"Hey" I said back with a smile. He wrapped his arm around my shoulder and smirked down at me.

"You look beautiful" he told me.

"Thanks, Landon. I could smell the alcohol on you" I said and made a disgusted face playfully. He laughed.

"I wish you lived over here. We would have so much fun together." He said to me as he pulled me closer. He better not be trying to be flirty with me. I'm not looking to hook up with him.

"We do have fun together" I said back.

"But we could have more fun all the time" he said and I laughed.

"What's up guys?" I heard Jaden's voice. I looked over to see him and Travis.

"Hey" I said smiling over at them.