sleepover

Your POV

The sun was setting and I was so excited to have my first sleepover with Clarisse. I finally convinced my sibling to let us have a sleepover without telling on us. It took a lot of convincing and swearing on the river styx, but we got there eventually.

I cleaned up my area, threatened my siblingd to try to leave us alone, everything was all ready for tonight. We were now just waiting on the curfew harpies to pass by. Thankfully, curfew on sundays was super early so that the camp directors could get ready for the week so the harpies should be here soon.

I was busy straightening out my bookshelves when I heard one of my siblings shout, "They're here!"

Those that were awake scrambled to get in bed and pretend to sleep. If everybody is asleep, they leave faster.

I practically leaped into my bed and brought the covers up to my mouth. All I heard for a couple moments was the rustling of my siblings getting into bed but then, I heard the door open.

scratch, scratch, scratch. This was the sound of one of the harpies claws scraping across the floor as they walked around. But then I heard the scratching get fainter and the door close again.

I was a bit scared to get up but I slowly turned around to check. "They're gone." I said. Most of my siblings got up from their beds.

"They'll probably still be checking other cabins so maybe let's keep the lights off until we know they're gone." One of my siblings said. That was an idea I could get behind.

I climbed out of my bed and peaked out the window. The harpies were now going into the cabin next to ours.

I sighed. This might take a while.

My heart skipped a beat as I heard the door open again. I whipped around and saw Clarisse. "Oh my gods you scared the crap out of me." I said, clutching my chest. "How did you get past the harpies?" I asked.

"Stealth." She said, holding out what looked like a baseball cap.

I gasped, "Annabeth let you borrow her invisibility cap?" I asked, mouth hanging open.

"She only let me borrow it because I told her I was coming to see you." She said. I knew Annabeth was still unsure about Clarisse but I was pretty good friends with Annabeth.

"Goodnight y/n! Goodnight Clarisse!" I heard snickering from my siblings behind me.

Those little shits. I already knew they weren't actually gonna sleep. They were gonna listen to me and Clarisse and make fun of us in the morning. They'll fall asleep eventually, I guess.

I groaned and sat on my bed. "Sit here." I said, patting the spot in front of me, now looking at Clarisse. "I wanna do your hair." I said.

She looked at me, wide eyed. "What?! Why?!" She said, panic in her voice.

"You always wear it in a pony tail. I wanna see what it would look like in different styles." I whined.

"No." She said, crossing her arms.

I pouted. "Pleeeassee, Clary?" I begged.

She went bright red. "C-Clary?" She questioned.

"It's a nickname I made up for you. Do you not like it?" I said, almost forgetting about the hair thing.

"N-no!! It's... I-I like it. Maybe just... don't call me that in front of anybody else." She said, still blushing. She sighed. "Fine you can do my hair." She groaned.

I smiled, watching her sit down. I knew the nickname would get her.

I took out the hairtie she had in and began brushing out her hair. I then decided, she is always pretty stressed so I started to give her a scalp massage. I felt her tense up almost immediately. "What are you doing?" She asked suspiciously.

"I'm massaging your scalp." I said with no further explanation.

It must've felt good because she didn't ask anymore questions and laid back into my body.

I was glad she couldn't see my face right now because I was probably very pink. Her head was just above my chest and she was almost sitting in my lap.

I wanted to do something with her hair so that it was out of her face but she could still sleep comfortably with it.

I decided to go with just some simple french braids. (I think that's the kind of braids I'm thinking of but idk lol)

I started at the top of her head, gently weaving her hair into two braids. I wasn't the best at hair but this wasn't looking that bad.

While I was doing her hair, me and Clarisse talked about various topics. Mostly gossip at camp. We were just enjoying eachother's company.

"Alright I'm done. Turn around." I said. She turned to face me. The braids were slightly uneven but they looked beautiful on her. "You look so pretty." I blurted out.

She smiled in return. "Thank you. I actually liked that." She said. "Why don't we go to bed. It's getting pretty late." She said.

We both laid down in my bed. It was a pretty tight fit since it was only a twin bed but we managed.

"We should do this again sometime." She said, closing her eyes.

"Definitely." I said, tucking a few baby hairs behind her ear.

It took a little while for me to fall asleep. But after opening my eyes to look at Clarisse's face a couple dozen times, I had the best night's sleep of my life.

---------------------------------------------------------------

word count- 935