51| Home

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓

Home

┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛

Chapter 51: Home (Christian's POV)

"Jules," I said, squeezing her hand as it remained locked in mine throughout our flight back home. 

She hummed sleepily. 

"We're about to land," I whispered, resting my chin on top of her head. 

"Wake me up when we land," she grumbled. 

About ten seconds later, the flight hit the runway and slowed down to a stop minutes later. "We landed," I stated. 

"I can tell," she snickered, opening her eyes and sitting upright, running a hand through her hair and stretching in place. "I'm so tired," she sighed. 

"You can sleep once we're out of here." 

"Where?" she asked, facing me. "Are you taking me home with you?" she grinned, leaning forward only to pull back as I went in for a kiss. 

"I am definitely taking you home with me," I mumbled, staring at her, my eyes caught on her. 

She chuckled and grabbed her bag as the flight completely stopped. Taking her bag from her, I led the way, keeping a hand open behind my back for her to grab on if needed and once we got off the staircase, Mr. Graham was there to greet us with my car. 

"Welcome back, Mr. Christian," he greeted as I opened the trunk and lifted Jules's and my own bags. "And you, Ms. Jules," he smiled at her politely. 

"How've you been, Mr. Grahams?" 

"Good," he nodded. "Would you like me to drive you back?" he asked me. 

"No, that won't be necessary, thank you," I nodded, taking the keys from him. 

"Sir, your father asked me to let him know once you've arrived. Should I...?" 

I let out a breath, holding the passenger door open for Jules. "No, I'll deal with him myself." 

He nodded once in understanding before heading back as I got in the car and started driving. 

"You're going to talk to your Dad?" Jules asked, glancing at me. 

"I don't always have a choice where that's concerned. He can be dramatic, to say the least." 

"Well, you have all the Declan experience," she mused, making me chuckle. "Be careful," she added softly. 

"I'll call him to the office."

"In general, Christian." 

"I know," I replied, looking at her. "Don't worry about me." 

"You make that oh-so difficult," she exhaled, staring out the window as we drove down the dark road, relying on New York's city lights. "How's Logan doing?" she asked out of nowhere.