38| Moment

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓

Moment

┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛

Chapter 38: Moment (Jules's POV)

"You sure you don't want to go for a quick swim?" Audrey asked, still oblivious to my fear of the ocean. I don't think anyone apart from Christian and my family were aware, I mean, it wasn't like I would broadcast it. 

"Yeah, I'm good," I replied with a nod. "Christian's going in for a dip though." 

"I am?" he asked. 

I turned to him while he maintained an arm around my waist as he sat by my side. "Yeah," I sang, taking his glass of whiskey and holding onto it for him. 

"I don't have to," he said with a shrug. 

"You also don't have to sit here with me the entire time, Christian. I'm good." 

"You sure?" I hummed, nodding again.

"Scared, are you?" River asked, sneaking up on Audrey and startling her. 

"Go change," I ushered Christian before he interrupted them. 

Audrey spun around, scoffing at him. "Scared? Absolutely not. You might be though," she bit out. 

"Of you? Absolutely," he grinned, brushing past her and heading to the ladder so he could lower himself into the ocean below. 

"He's getting more annoying and less charming as time progresses," Audrey mumbled, resting her hands on her hips. 

"Really? I think you're just starting to like me, Audrey," he countered before disappearing followed by a splash echoing. 

"I think he's right, damn it," she hissed before pulling her hair back and following the same path, jumping into the water next. 

"You're not swimming, Julie?" Callum asked, grabbing a water bottle before sitting across from me in his swim trunks. 

"No," I answered vaguely without looking at him. 

"What are you going to do all alone on the boat?" he chuckled. 

"Tan," I deadpanned. "Avoid you, maybe." 

He shot me a look of disbelief before sighing, "Look, I wasn't trying to stir anything up, don't be so upset." 

"I'm not. But you're being immature and it's annoying. He's my fiancé." 

"I get that, Jules, you don't have to tell me again," he scoffed softly. "But can you blame me? I don't like seeing my ex-girlfriend with her fiancé, that's all," he shrugged. 

"You might want to get used to it. I've been with him for a long time," I replied, my eyes narrowing just a sliver. 

"I don't think Alex likes him." 

"It's a good thing Alex isn't marrying him then," I said dryly. 

He laughed, "Fair enough." A minute after that, he was invited into the water and jumped off.