Chapter eight, Lion

'Time, what is happening to Wonderland?'

'Something much out of hand for you. Please, go!' He shouted, and Alice waved for Hatter to run up to the chromosphere.

'Alice, we'd better leave him.'

'Hatter, Wonderland isn't going to perish on my watch. We have to try saving it.' She said, and ran to the clock. It was moving around slower, the seconds were seconds behind. 'Time, we have to try saving Wonderland.'

'Alice, you can't save it. You are letting it be—' Time was stopped by Hatter running after Alice, they all got to the center of the clock, and Alice took the chromosphere from it's stand, and rolled it out to create the time machine. They swiftly got in, and chose Frabjous day to go back in time. The handle was pulled, and as Time got to them, they were in the air escaping from the grasp of Time.

As their surroundings drifted around them, Alice and Hatter came face to face with the vast and great sea of time. They looked around them, and noticed a lot of their adventures; The day Alice painted the roses when she was young, When Hatter had made his first hat for his farther, When they were faced with the Jabberwocky, even when they said goodbye in wonderland. But, there was something new. something Alice nor Hatter remembered, or experienced. The Lion and the Unicorn...

'Hatter, do you recognize this day?' Alice asked, but he shook his head.

'Haven't the slightest idea. Do you think it happened a long time ago? He asked, and Alice had curiosity for this day.

'Maybe it was when the White Queen met Cray?' Alice was hopeful, and proceeded to the wave of the fighting animals. They crashed into it, and it was like being in a black and white picture. Except, the characters were moving?

'Hatter, when did the queen meet Cray?' she asked him, and he thought for a moment.

'Sailing day.' He replied, and Alice proceeded to investigate the picture they had found themselves in.

'Excuse me, do you happen to know where the Queen is?' she asked them, and they replied very confusingly.

'The Queen? She's with the king and her baby. Who are you?' The unicorn answered, he turned to face the lion and held up his hooves. There started to appear a large crowd of chess pieces behind them, an audience to watch them fight.

'Where did you run off too? And where's that cake?' the lion asked, and he went for a punch toward the unicorn.

'What do you mean? I have not got any cake, and I only just arrived.' Alice reasoned, and then began the loud drums. Both Alice and Hatter covered their ears, and knelt down on the ground until they suddenly stopped and were left with a loud ringing in their ears.

'I should win easy,' said the lion.

I'm not so sure of that,' said the unicorn.

'Why, I beat you all round the town, you chicken.' The lion replied angrily, half getting up as he spoke.

'Why, when is the monster cutting that cake?' the lion asked, lying back down and looking directly at Alice. She appeared to have had a cake in her hands at that moment.

'I am no monster,' she replied, 'I am Alice! What on earth are you doing?'

'Why are you asking so many strange questions? Didn't you just leave?' The unicorn said, and he swayed another hoof the lion's way.

'No, I just arrived.' Alice reasoned, but they looked confusingly at her once more. 'Your not meant to be here. why, however did you become apart of my wonderland?' she asked, and they just stood there confused even more.

'We are in Wonderland, it's you who isn't apart of our world. You monsters grow fast!' The unicorn turned back around to face the lion, and Alice placed the cake on the floor between them. Something wasn't right, and it was very confusing. Wonderland was changing, but she didn't have a clue why.