Say My Name

It seems like today wasn't her day. The intense afternoon heat paired with her hot temper surely didn't help her jetlag at all. She has been calling Jimin's phone for over half an hour but got the same annoying result over and over. It would ring for a couple of times which would bring her hopes up but will eventually fade away making her more annoyed than the previous call.

After contemplating for a few minutes whether to go straight home or drive by Jimin's address, Minjeong decided on the latter. She surely wouldn't put her effort to waste after successfully letting Mr. Jung go home alone without her. Plus the silence of their house won't do anything to appease her sullen mood. In fact it would only heighten her apprehension because all she would ever think about are the multiple reasons why Jimin wasn't answering her call.

A few reasons stood out but she refused to ponder on them. Instead, she used that energy to drive even faster to her destination as she will the cars in front of her to get out of her way.

After more than an hour of driving, the black SUV was successfully parked in front of the Yoo's residence. Again, it was an internal battle between choosing to go outside of the vehicle and personally ring the doorbell or the easier option which is to try and call Jimin. Although Minjeong already have lost the urge to contact the older girl due to the results that she have gotten earlier, but for her she would rather get sent to the voicemail over and over again than face Jimin's parents alone without prior notice.

A few more rings, a little more huff and puff of deep breaths, and her phone inevitably shuts down.

Where the hell is she? Minjeong mutters under her breath after her phone died down in her endless attempt to try and reach Jimin's device.

She have been waiting for over an hour already and still nothing from the older girl. The exhaustion and hunger from her flight paired with the steaming temperature is doing nothing but to make her more furious than ever before.

A sudden knock on her car window diverted her attention from her boiling mood. Minjeong quickly sat properly on her seat once she saw who was waiting on the outside of her vehicle. After making sure that no creases can be seen on her shirt, she slowly rolls down the window of the driver's seat to come face to face with Jimin's mother.

"Hi, Minjeong right?" The woman asks with a smile on her face like the burning afternoon sun wasn't bothering her a single bit.

Minjeong nods lightly and offers a small smile in return.

"I noticed that you've been parked over here for a bit now so I just came in to check if you needed something." She answered as she looks at both sides of the street were Minjeong's car was the sole vehicle to be seen.

Minjeong smiles shyly at having been caught ree handed by the woman. "Is Jimin home, maam?" She finally asks to put her curiousity to rest.

"Oh, she told me that she was attending a friend's party." Jimin's mother answers.

A friend's party? This early? It isn't even four in the afternoon yet? What kind of a party is that? A fucking children's party? Minjeong says internally after hearing the response of the woman.

Minjeong quickly scans the front of the house to see if the older girl brought her own car but the metal gate was blocking her view of the inside of the house. "Did she bring her car, maam?" She inquires just to make sure that no one picked her up.

"No, she rarely uses her car. I think she took the bus. Would you like to come in? Are you hungry? You must be thirsty with how the weather is today right? Let's go, Minjeong. I'll whip you up something to eat." Jimin's mother says in one go that Minjeong couldn't find a way to decline her invitation. Before she could even process what was happening, Minjeong finds herself walking behind the woman on the way to the front door.