Sunsets

"The patty was dry don't you think?" Jimin says to her driver before leaning back on the car seat.

Minjeong hums a little as a response. Here they are again back at the road with no certain destination ahead. But this time Minjeong made sure that Jimin was well fed. They stopped at a burger shop earlier and Minjeong also brought snacks and water so her passenger wouldn't complain out of hunger.

"Their sauce was good though. At first I thought I wouldn't like it since it looks weird but yeah anyway their service was great right?"

Minjeong can't help but snort at Jimin's last sentence. Of course it was great. Definitely great. The waiter was very accommodating, the cashier was very friendly and Minjeong knows why.

Jimin was sporting a grey hoodie paired with her grey gym shorts which highlights her long milky legs that the service crew in the burger shop really did appreciate way too much for her liking. She knows that is wasn't out of good heart when the waiter started checking up on their food every now and then. Those fleeting glances towards Jimin's legs didn't miss her sharp eyes. The cashier wasn't too smooth either. Minjeong surely saw his gums while smiling too widely at Jimin. Stupid. He looked stupid, Minjeong says to herself.

"We should go there again sometime. Don't you think so?" Jimin suggests to her driver.

"You just said that their meat was dry." Minjeong answers plainly which came as a shock to Jimin since she rarely talks back or engages in a conversation with her.

"Maybe it was just today. Everyone has their off day right?"

"Whatever you say."

"Come on, w— Wait! Stop here!" Jimin orders and the car instantly halts. Without saying anything further the captain hops out of the vehicle and strode forward the sandy shore.

After parking her car to the side of the road, Minjeong leaps over the low road fence to follow Jimin.

"It's really beautiful isn't it?" Jimin says out loud when she hears the faint sound of Minjeong's footsteps against the sand.

The younger girl carefully threads the soft material beneath her to try and not let the sand enter her shoes. "What is?" She answered when she finally arrived at the spot where Jimin was standing.

"The sunset." Jimin glances at her swiftly before facing the view in front.

Minjeong doesn't answer. Minjeong doesn't get it. She can't see the beauty that Jimin is talking about. For her sunsets are simply a natural event that happens every day. The sunset is just the sun fading into the horizon while giving way for the night to come. Simple. Minjeong couldn't understand why people like to over romanticize things that naturally occur in nature.

"Don't you think it's beautiful too?" Jimin mutters absentmindedly as she stares in awe at the mixture of colors being painted both on the sky and the sea.

"Do you like sunsets?" Minjeong says back at her choosing not to answer her question.

Jimin nods a little. "Yeah I do."

She likes sunsets, Minjeong mutters to herself like it's a fact that she shouldn't forget. Jimin likes the sunset while Minjeong? She never pondered with such things. But looking at Jimin enjoying the scenery, maybe Minjeong would never really like sunsets however watching Jimin admire one is something she's sure she'd like for a long time.

Jimin steps back a little so the waves crashing on the shore wouldn't reach her shoes. When she was sure that she was in a safe distance from the water, she motioned for Minjeong to follow her and the latter did so without questions.