-3-

Y/N's POV:

I stumbled back into my bedroom while gripping my side, trying to apply pressure like they had told us in the first aid classes that I had taken. once I found one, I realized that the matches were in the bathroom next to my candles so I went back.

 Every step was more painful and it hurt every time I tried to breathe; I slowly removed the knife from my side and hid it in a cupboard before I tried to calm myself as I threaded the needle, but my hands were shaking and it was NOT helping. 

Once I persuaded the thread through the eye of the needle I made the first stitch. The pain was unbelievable but I only needed to make one more so I plucked up the courage and kept going.

Once the worst was over, I reached for my first aid kit that I kept in the medicine cabinet above the sink (a purchase that had turned out to be very helpful) and wrapped one of the bandages around my stomach, It wasn't perfect but it would have to do. Exhausted and in pain, I felt my eyes begin to feel heavy and I fell asleep on the bathroom floor.

I awoke to the feeling of my father's boot hitting my chest, just above the stab wound. "Why the fuck aren't you at school?" he asked before pulling me up from the floor, making me hiss in pain. "pathetic," he muttered.

 He grabbed my phone and shoved it at me. "get out of this building in the next five minutes or don't bother coming back." I pulled on a different shirt, one without a knife hole in it, and grabbed a sweatshirt before slowly walking to the station, I didn't want to rip my stitches and I could already feel a bruise forming from my wake-up-call.

Surprisingly, I had only missed the first period when I got to school and quickly found Harriet who greeted me with a large hug that tested my acting abilities as I tried not to wince, 

"You didn't message?" she asked

 "I didn't?" I checked my phone before seeing the last message from the number I was texting last night: "and if you couldn't tell I'm not "Harriet"" at least Harri wouldn't ask about the stab wound "oops, I got a wrong number" I replied, so she entered her number herself and we checked that it was right there and then.