"On me?" I scrunch my eyebrows in confusion and take another bite of my breakfast. My phone vibrates next to me and I pick it up to reveal a text from Jayden.

from: jayden❤️
Morning beautiful, how'd you sleep? I can't help but blush.

to: jayden❤️
Morning beautiful right back at ya, and not well to be honest.

"Jayden?" Brooke says, obviously noticing the goofy grin on my face.

"Yeah, nothing major." You could say Jayden Alexander Ross was the right guy at the completely wrong time. I was in love with Jacob, or "Princeton" at the time, but something about Jayden just made me go weak in the knees (other than his gorgeous brown eyes, flawless olive skin complexion, and perfectly sculptured physique.)

I'm not going to blame him for me and "Princeton" not working out, but there were moments that I let my guard down with him and fucked up my relationship. Plus, he had feelings for Yasmine, a.k.a psycho queen bee, a.k.a Jacob's ex-girlfriend.

We found out later via Yasmine that Jayden was addicted to drugs. He was immediately admitted to a rehabilitation center and stayed there for 3 years. Despite all that happened between us, I was there for him during this time and I'll continue to support him, and he's done the same for me. Now he's attending a community college to eventually become a teacher at the same high school we went to. He's really cleaned himself up and I'm proud of him. When the time comes, I wouldn't mind settling down with him.

from: jayden❤️
Is everything alright? He sends.

to: jayden❤️
Not really, got fired from capitol.

"When are you two gonna stop messing around and just be together?" Brooke sighs.

"I've told you over and over again, I'm not looking for a boyfriend. Especially now that I have to go job-searching, I can't get distracted." I inform her.

from: jayden❤️
Are you serious?? Ice cream @ 1, my treat. This may be suspicious, but I promise we're not romantically involved. Whenever either of us have a downfall, we go out for ice cream or pizza to sulk. It's a tradition.

to: jayden❤️
Way to be assertive, lol. alright. I reply.

I check the time on my phone and it reads 10:45, giving me enough time to clean up the place a bit and do my hair. I get up from my spot on the couch and head to the shower, unable to contain the smile forming on my cheeks.

~Kaylan's POV

"So, I got some news."

"What is it?" I've been on the phone with Chresanto since 6 this morning, and the conversation hasn't faded a bit. Hearing his voice makes me desire him so much more than I already do. His smell, the way his eyes seemed to glow when we'd have a conversation, his...everything! I can't help but sigh when thinking about it. I feel like a little schoolgirl.

"You know how we're not at Atlantic no more?"

"Yeah, sorry to hear that by the way." I feel bad that their journey has already come to an end. It was cool to see them on T.V and hear their music on the radio. I mean, it wasn't worth cutting me off for four years in my opinion, but hey. You gotta do what you gotta do to make it, right? I'm just glad he didn't forget about me.