"Regulus Black? Isn't he a bit young?"

"Merlin, Melissa. I'm not going to bed him. Just, stir the pot a little."

"And how do you plan on getting him to agree to snogging you? He's not exactly known the way his brother is for romantic relations." Liz asked.

Shrugging, Lori said slowly, "I'll figure that part out when I get there. He's a guy so his hormones will do most of the hard part for me, I'm hoping."

Marissa scrunched her nose, "That's a horrible plan, some people aren't consistently hormonal."

"He's related to Sirius -"I would snog anyone"- Black." Lorelei countered.

"Exactly." Liz chimed in, "What if Sirius took all the hormones from his family? Leaving Regulus with an empty hole where his feelings should be."

"Harsh, Lizzie. I'm sure he has feelings." Melissa said.

Liz smiled, it had been an uneventful two days since Lorelei had chosen the young Black as her Slytherin snog.

The only issue now was convincing him, and making sure Potter finds out about it.

Unfortunately for her morals, she was less concerned about getting him to snog her. What complaints could he have? She was a pureblood, although she didn't really care about blood status.

Plus, the younger Black seemed to follow in his older brother's footsteps in a few aspects. He had all the younger Slytherin girls wrapped around his pale finger, just as his older brother had all the younger Gryffendor girls wrapped around his.

Although, one notable difference. The older Black was known to snog or shag whoever he pleased. The younger had a reputation of chastity.

How she would get Potter to find out about the event was more of her concern. If she did convince the younger Black to snog her, it definitely wouldn't be in a public area. So unless he was the gossiping type, which she highly doubted, someone would have to walk in on them or somehow find out about it. She even considered telling Liz and Melissa all about it loudly in the common room, that would certainly get the word out; but leaking her illicit activities herself felt desperate.

She was a Ravenclaw, she could figure out a smarter solution.

"I just have to find whatever dark corner he likes to hide in, and get him talking." She explained.

"And how are you planning on accomplishing that?"

Lorelei walked into her last class of the day backwards, "By following him."

Luckily for the Ravenclaw, her class was with the Slytherins.

Quickly packing her things after the bell rang, she waited for the young Black to exit the room before slowly following behind.

Yesterday, she had bribed a first year Slytherin with a chocolate frog for information on the young Black. The young boy eagerly spilled his guts. First, Regulus Black hates the common room. He avoids it unless he has to get to his room, which he also seems to hate as he only goes there at night.

The young Slytherin did not know where he spent his time outside of class. Which left the simple task of finding where it was.

Or waiting for him to realize she was tailing him, whichever came first.

He walked outside and walked as far as he could toward the castle until he stood just out of reach of the Whomping Willow.

Turning sharply around, the young Black now stared Lorelei right in the eye.

Not wanting to yell, she closed most of the distance between them. "Hello."

"Why are you following me?"

"I wanted to talk to you."

"Well I don't want to talk to you, goodbye."

Making his move to walk away, Lorelei stepped in front of him, "Do you hate your brother?"

The question seemed to freeze him in his place, "I don't see how our relationship has anything to do with you."

"I've been working on a social project this year." She admitted, and though his body language was still stiff, she noticed a curious glint in his eye. "I don't know if you noticed, but I've been trying to topple Potter's reign of power over the student body, and by extension, your brothers reign also."

"I fail to see how I fit into your social experiment."

"Honestly, I thought snogging a Slytherin would be a fantastic way to ruffle Potter's feathers. He really seems to hate all Slytherins," She smiled slightly, "You just seemed like the least revolting option."

Finally, he gave a physical reaction to her words by twitching his eyebrows down.

Knowing rambling wasn't going to convince him further, she looked him up and down. "Think about it." Backing away, she made her way back to the castle.

<>

It was a day later, and Lorelei was considering her other options while walking alone through the corridor.

Taunting herself, her brain told her she should just skip snogging a Slytherin and move on to her long con: Black or Potter.

But she couldn't quite get the idea of snogging a Slytherin out of her head. Oh how it would piss off Potter, she thought, almost mourning the loss of his reaction.

Another student brushed past her, causing her to inch closer to the wall where she was immediately pulled harshly to the side.

The door closing behind her, Lorelei found herself in an empty classroom with none other than Regulus Black.

She fought a smile. "Have you rethought my proposition?"

Regulus looked at her face with a flat expression. "Do you actually want me to snog you for your little experiment? Or to just say I snogged you."

Playing nice, Lorelei grabbed his tie and adjusted it for him, "Whichever makes you happier."

Leaning down painfully slowly, Regulus stopped just before meeting her lips.

So close that when he spoke, she could feel his breath against her lips, "You're entertaining, Byrd. I can't wait to watch where you fly."

Abruptly pulling back, he had a small smile on his face as he left the classroom. Leaving Lorelei alone.

Half annoyed and half impressed, Lorelei followed and watched as Regulus walked down the hallway.

Liz, running down the hall when she saw her friend, looked where she was staring, "Did he do it?"

"I-" She paused, "I don't know."