Cavalry Battle: END

Start from the beginning

"Oh they missed," Monoma said.

"Hey sis can you try and put them off balance?" Katsuki whispered his demand and Kitsuki obeyed.

"Sure thing Kat," Kitsuki said as she activated her quirk using her right hand and shot small explosions toward the ground near Monoma's members at his hind. As Monoma's team was struggling to be balanced, Sero retracted his tape and Kirishima ran beside Monoma's team.

Katsuki was close enough to reach in and so he grabbed the last remaining band on Monoma's neck. All Might observed his plan from the beginning and was simply impressed. Aizawa from the deck also saw the way Katsuki played.

"AND NO MERCY FROM BAKUGOU KATSUKI!!" Present Mic boomed as he watched Katsuki steal the headband with no exception. 

"If you're gonna do something, he really does it! He says he's a perfectionist after all. TIME IS REALLY RUNNING OUT FAST NOW!!" Present Mic declared, as the time was only twenty seconds left!

"Hah... next!! Where the fuck are Deku and Todoroki?!?!?" Katsuki said as he and his team set out to hunt for their next victims.

Meanwhile, Midoriya was still in the middle of getting the ten million back and Todoroki defending it. Although, things went south as realization hit him, Todoroki has used his left side, his forbidden side.

*It's... It's the first time I used it toward a person... I'll just use wind pressure then!* Midoriya thought and swatted Todoroki's left arm away, causing the fire to be extinguished.

My left?! What am I doing?! Todoroki thought through gritted teeth. Distracted, Midoriya took this opportunity to grab at least one of the bands around Todoroki's neck, despite the pain he felt and hoping it's the ten million band he grabbed. Once Midoriya took hold of one, he immediately tore it off Todoroki's neck. Todoroki didn't even have a slight reaction, which was quite odd.

"Wait, that headband... It isn't ours" Hatsume said dismissing Midoriya's celebration as he checked the band and disappointment coursed through his veins.

"Now now Todoroki-kun, pull your negativities about you together! That was dangerous!" Iida said, scolding him, Todoroki ignored him by rubbing his left arm and looking down on it with a scowl.

"We shifted the bands just in case. That was honestly naïve of you Midoriya-san" Yaoyorozu stated as their team continued to walk. The board updated but it was still the same as earlier.

With only seventy points... We're definitely out!  Midoriya said as he gritted his teeth and a sweat trickled down the side of his face. 

"IT'S NOW TIME FOR THE COUNTDOWN EVERYONE COUNT WITH ME!!" Present Mic declared as he started the countdown. Midoriya turned back to Todoroki and in time Katsuki's team arrived and as usual, Katsuki launched himself as the countdown was down to five seconds.

3

Katsuki was in mid air in between Todoroki and Midoriya. He looked from left to right but settled his glare toward Todoroki as he saw was scanning to see if he could spot the ten million band.

2

As Katsuki was about to get nearer, Todoroki pulled out the same rod he had earlier and was about to freeze the ground, similar to what he did before. Tokoyami was on guard using Dark Shadow.

AND 1!! TIME'S UP!!

All groups froze as if Todoroki had already activated his quirk but didn't. Katsuki fell, face first onto the ground and Midoriya sobbed in disappointment.

"OKAY! NOW LET'S SEE WHO MADE IT TO THE TOP FOUR!!" Present Mic said.

"We have Todoroki's team placed in 1st" Present Mic declared but Todoroki didn't seem to be proud about it as he cursed to himself.

"In 2nd place we have Bakugou's team" Katsuki yelled in anger as Present Mic announced, Sero and Kirishima's sweat dropped as they saw Katsuki throw a childish fit.

"Honestly... At least second place, that isn't so bad" Sero muttered, in order not to get scolded or yelled at by his explosive classmate.

"Good job at muttering it to yourself, if he hears you, you're good as dead" Kitsuki said pointing her thumb towards Katsuki, who sat in frustration.

"In 3rd place team Tetsu-- wait huh?!" Present Mic didn't continue as he lowered his glasses in order to see the board. He thought the board was lying but apparently it wasn't.

"It's team Shinso?!?!" Present Mic questioned as he read the board but then let it go as there might have been some unexpected events during the battle.

"AND at 4th place..." Present Mic's words were prevented as Aizawa blocked his yapper. Present Mic was angered by this but calmed down after seeing what Aizawa meant.

"Deku-kun..." Uraraka called and Midoriya looked deflated but turned to see his members either way. Uraraka smiled and Hatsume pointed toward Tokoyami.

"Ever since your first attack on Todoroki, he had been showing signs of distress" Tokoyami began and Midoriya listened intently.

"I've been trying to take the ten million but I think we can settle with this one..." Tokoyami trailed as Dark Shadow slowly showed the band to them, causing Midoriya to gasp.

"The band I got is the one where his guard is at its most thinnest, which was his head. This is thanks for creating that opening, Midoriya" Tokoyami said as a thank you.

"MIDORIYA'S TEAM!!!" Present Mic continued right after Aizawa removed his hand, this caused Midoriya to burst into tears. Meanwhile, Todoroki cursed at himself while looking at his left hand.

I said I'll never use it for combat... I made a promise to myself..! But because of being cornered... Todoroki thought as he clenched his fist tight and gritted his teeth.

"I-I can't let it go on like this..." Todoroki muttered to himself as he clenched his left fist even tighter.

"It's.. exactly what that man always said" Todoroki said with hatred trailing in every word. The crowds were leaving as they had a one hour lunch break.

"THE EVENT WILL RESUME AFTER THE ONE HOUR BREAK!! Once the break is over, we'll see you then!" Present Mic said, he then asked Aizawa,

"Hey Eraserhead! Let's go get some food!" Present Mic offered but Aizawa lazily rejected.

"I'm going to take a nap" he said simply, causing Present Mic to groan in complaint.

Tetsutesu's team questioned in disappointment on how they lost their points and how the student (Shinsho) from the General department shot up to replace them so unexpectedly.   

As the Class 1-A got out of the stadium, Todoroki swiftly walked out and asked Midoriya to come and talk with him, privately. Katsuki saw this from the corner of his eye then looked at Kitsuki, who nodded and proceeded with sneaking away from the rest of the class.

Todoroki led Midoriya in an empty hallway, where the two faced each other in such intensity, causing Midoriya to gulp in nervousness.

"There was something you wanted to tell me? What is it?" Midoriya questioned and Todoroki only narrowed his eyes at him before he began.

~~~  

Edited: Aug 9,2022