Chapter 1

Open sea

(We see a creaking ship in heavy fog. A deck crammed with large crates. Silhouettes of muzzled dragons stir within them. A trapper named ivar the witless walks the deck. A captive dragon whines through its muzzle. Ivar hits the cage with his spear, shutting it up)

Ivar: Quiet!

(A click at the end of the corridor stirs ivar's attention. A sword ignites, revealing an arresting figure female in black, glistening dragon armor. A helmet and visor hide her face)

Ivar: What are you?

(The dragon warrior (Hicca) raises a finger to her visor)

Hicca: Shhh.

(Behind ivar, toothless creeps down from the top of a cage, snarling. Panicked,ivar rushes toward hicca, trying to get past her. Ivar jabs his spear. Hicca hooks it in her flaming sword and deftly disarms him, sending the spear clattering to the deck. Ivar grabs a hanging lantern and hurls it at hicca. It bounces off of her armor and hits the deck, its oil bursting into flame. Undaunted, hicca steps through it, fire licking off of her fireproof suit)

Ivar: Aaaagh! You're a demon!

Hicca: Shhh! No, no, i'm not a demon, i'm not a demon.

(She rises her visor)

Hicca: See? Just a girl! Just a girl here to rescue these dragons. So --

Ivar: -- But you walked through fire!

Hicca: Dragon scales! Dragons shed a lot.

Ivar: No, i know a demon when i see one! No human legs are that skinny!

Snotlout: Think that's a good entrance?

(An explosion of flame hits the deck as hookfang lands, engulfed in fire. At it center, snotlout stands in his saddle, dressed in ridiculous nightmare-themed dragon armor, his arms raised in victory)

Snotlout: Get a load of me!

(He then notices his suit caught fire)

Snotlout: Ahh! Aggh!

Ivar: I knew it! More demons!

(Snotlout rushes past, screaming, with his rear aflame)

Hicca: No, really just a nitwit who forgot to fireproof his butt.

Snotlout: AGGHH! Hot hot hot!

(Snotlout dives to the deck, rolling to extinguish his smoldering posterior, right into a seeping cloud of green gas, spreading between the cages like dry ice. Snotlout sees this)

Snotlout: Guys, no! Not yet!

(Click. The gas erupts into a fire ball. The dissipating smoke reveals ruff and tuff, striking dramatic poses akin to stage magicians, sloppily dressed in zippleback-themed armor. Barf and belch, their twin-headed dragon emerges behind them)

Tuff: Behold your worst nightmare.

Ruff: Behold--

Tuff: --Along with his sister, who insisted on coming.

Ruff: That's my intro?

(Then bahamut lands on the deck with you. You jump off of his back and turn to the wins and snotlout)

Y/n: Guys, too soon! You always come in too soo--.

Fishlegs: AGGHH!

(Fishlegs crashes down between them with flared, scarab-like wings. He rolls across the deck in heavy gronckle-themed dragon armor)