Ye Hong Guang stilled for a moment. He was young and did not leave the residence doors all year long thus he was already very nervous seeing Emperor Long Le and now that Shen Miao spoke like this, there was panic in his expression.

Ye Mei slowly balled her fist.

Shen Miao asked, "Young Master Ye, think about it again. Could it be that one did not remember if one was above or below?"

Ye Hong Guang quickly said, "Above. I remembered. It was above!" He repeated it again confidently.

Ye Mei, who was on the floor, suddenly shrugged her shoulders, as if she was somewhat discourage.

Shen Miao was still smiling but her gaze became sharp as she said, "Oh? Young Master Ye's legs are an inconvenience thus with such a long staircase, one think that it would not be possible to go up alone and there should be someone that carried you up or perhaps carried your wheel chair up. There should be servants by your side. So how could one say that it was only you who saw me pushing but how about your servant?"

In that moment the entire room became quiet.

There were large beads of sweat appearing on Ye Hong Guang's forehead. His face was red and he could not speak for a moment, as if one was overwhelm with guilty conscience.

Emperor Yong Le said coldly, "Do you know the offence of deceiving the Monarch?"

The offence of deceiving the Monarch was something that one could lose the head. It was Ye Hong Guang that could not withstand being scared. One had to know that those smarter would be able to search for excuse from Shen Miao words, for example the servant when to retrieve something and left him alone or even other. In anyways usually people would not admit to their offences that obediently and would fight back. However Ye Hong Guang admitted to his lies this easily and that showed that he did not often do such a thing and was not very skilled. If it was Ye Mei, a veteran at this, it would be much easier for her to lie with her eyes wide open.

Xie Jing Xing's lips raised, "Older Imperial Brother, official family members knew of the crime and yet did it, it is an additional offence and would be directly thrown to the justice department and perhaps be paraded?" He said lazily, "Else anyone could bully the people of the residence of Prince Rui. If so, then how would I live on?"

Xie Jing Xing was clearly avenging private wrongs with public methods. However he was not a good-natured person and had never had a good impression of the Ye family so when he said all these, he had no hesitation at all. However Ye Mei's face turned white and Lu Zheng Xuan's face became ugly.

Killing a chicken in front of a monkey. At one glance one would know who was the chicken and who was the monkey.

Empress Xian De said, "Ye Hong Guang, how dare you lie in the Palace and even slandered Rui WangFei."

Her severe expression scared Ye Hong Guang so much that he almost cried. However Ye Mei ignored him and as he did not have anyone familiar in the Palace, he was very helpless.

"The Young Master of the Ye family is young and it is understandable that he saw incorrectly. Most likely he saw Consort Jing fall and in a moment of urgency wanted to catch the murderer and had misunderstood." Shen Miao helped Ye Hong Guang to exonerate himself.

Everyone was indeed shocked by her action. Ye Hong Guang slandered Shen Miao and even though Shen Miao was not a vicious person, she was never merciful to those who had harmed her. From the examples of the Second and Third household of the Shen family to the Imperial family of Ming Qi, when had she been soft? Thus at this moment when she gave the other a way out, it was indeed doubtful.

Xie Jing Xing also raised his brows.

Shen Miao slightly bent her body to be on the same eye level with Ye Hong Guang before speaking warmly, "Or was it that you heard others speaking something and misunderstood me? Did someone taught you to speak like this?"

Rebirth of the Malicious Empress of Military Lineage  On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara