Shen Xin almost unconsciously slashed his spear at it.

It was Tie Yi that immediately carried the white tiger away then Shen Xin took a deep breath and pushed the door to enter.

In the room, Prince Rui was sitting on the chair reading. His sitting posture was not straight and instead lazy as he flip the pages casually as if he was only taking a casual look at it and not reading it seriously.

Shen Xin frowned, "Prince Rui."

Unlike Luo Xue Yan, even though Prince Rui had warmly let the Shen family call him 'Jing Xing' and Luo Xue Yan indeed did so, Shen Xin was unable to do so. Males were different from females. Female could use their intuition to judge whether a person was friendly or malicious but males could not rely on intuition. Especially Shen Xin, he preferred to do things based on evidence.

Prince Rui looked up and placed the book by the table side. Shen Xin saw that it was a military book and it was a military book that was difficult to understand that was usually understood by older Generals. Prince Rui was currently twenty two and to read this kind of books, it was either he was putting up an act or hiding his real knowledge.

Before he personally visited Prince Rui, in Shen Xin's eyes, Prince Rui had the name of being Emperor Yong Le's blooded younger brother and thus was an idle Prince that acted loosely and rudely. However after that day when he sparred with Shen Qiu, Shen Xin always felt that Prince Rui was not that simple.

Perhaps this was a male's intuition.

"May General Shen accompany me to play a game of chess." He did not call out 'Master Shen' or other more intimate address and it felt that there are different meanings to it.

Shen Xin said, "I do not know how to play chess."

"War chess." Prince Rui raised his hand and place the chess board on the table and passed a jar of white pieces to Shen Xin and kept the jar of black pieces to himself before saying, "General Shen and I use this board as a country, chess moves as boundaries, chess pieces as soldiers and battle in a game. How of it?"

When Shen Xin heard about it, he was filled with energy and seeing that the other party was young, he felt dissatisfied at being taken lightly and said, "Play then play."

Two of them set the chess pieces up and started to play.

Unlike the appearance of Prince Rui, the chess style of Prince Rui surprised Shen Xin as the other party was young but had a shrewd and ruthless air of someone older. It was very troublesome for one's mind when paying war chess as every moved needs to be thought about seriously before it is made. But when Prince Rui played, he seemed not to use much time to think and just place it as he wished. Seeing the seemingly easily placed pieces, if one were to look at it seriously, one would have discovered that it was placed very cleverly.

Shen Xin's war chess was not bad but comparing to Prince Rui, it actually became disadvantageous. Shen Xin seemed to have a wrong illusion, as if Prince Rui had already played this chess before, else how would Prince Rui knew where he would be placing his next piece at?

When the game ended, the outcome was naturally not unexpected that Shen Xin lost.

Shen Xin waved his hands, "Another round."

"It would still be the same." Prince Rui said.

"What is the meaning of it?" Shen Xin frowned.

"You will lose." He said.

Shen Xin had lived for so long, Emperor Wen Hui had to give him enough face and other than Luo Xue Yan, no one else dared to speak to him like this. He became angry immediately and was just about to detonate when he saw Prince Rui saying lightly, "One feared that for General Shen to come to the residence of Prince Rui today, it would not because of chess." He asked with his lips hooked, "What is the matter?"