I leaned into his touch, letting the feeling bury deep into my bones. A knowing smirk made its way to his face as he leaned in, pressing his lips to my forehead.

Though my knees ached from kneeling, I wouldn't have minded staying like this all night, relishing in the feeling of our bond. In his awfully perceptive mind, Simon urged me off the floor, waiting till I stood to hug my waist as I had. Though his hands caught me by surprise, tugging at the hem of my pants.

Sly, I teased him through the mind link, and he smirked. Even slyer when Simon unbuttoned the pants and tugged at the zipper with an unbearably slow pace. Growing harder as his hands grazed the front of my underwear as he pulled the jeans down elicited a hiss. He was enjoying teasing me, and I was enjoying every moment of it.

Once I stepped out of the jeans, he inched back onto the bed, allowing me room to join him. The bed creaked as I knelt on my hands and knees to meet him, breathing in the intoxicating scent he was giving off, his arms an invitation I couldn't deny.

I watched in suspense as his eyes and hands trailed, exploring every inch of my exposed skin. His fingers danced across every divot, every scar, and blemish, his eyes soaking in every square inch of my body in a way that sent a full-bodied shiver down my spine.

He smirked at the action.

Resting between his legs, I could feel his hardened length against my stomach, twitching at the friction between our bodies. His back arched at the contact, looking in a silent plea for more. But two could be sly, so I leaned forward, leaving butterfly kisses against his exposed stomach, a whine escaping his lips.

Though I was aching for more, the sheer joy of seeing him squirm in anticipation was something I had never thought possible. I peppered his stomach with more kisses, smirking as he bucked his hips now and then, practically melting at my touch.

It'd be a lie if I said I wasn't melting either, a wave of pleasure hitting me that I needed to take a second to remember to breathe, not wanting this high to die as fast as it started. Though the heated strain was impossible to ignore, I focused my attention on my mate before me, letting him breathe before I left another array of kisses against his stomach.

Once I felt he needed an actual break from my teasing, I rested my head against his stomach, my hands reaching for his hand blindly as I attempted to steady my racing heart.

But the nagging feeling of losing control was making my heart race faster. I was in control now, but the idea of being so lost in this new haze was lurking behind the waves of pleasure.

Simon pulled my upper arms after settling his breathing, urging me to move further on top of him, but even resting my head against his stomach like this was already making me nervous. Little by little, I worked my way up, attempting to press kisses against his chest, hoping I could tune out the blaring warning signs my brain was telling me. With my entire body against his and my face nestled against the crook of his neck, I couldn't ignore the feeling any longer. My body trembled; the kisses weren't a distraction enough from the fear rushing back.

"I..." my words faltered, looking into his brown eyes with an unspoken plea. He couldn't read it, though, touching my face with a frown. Regret at making him upset grew in an unfriendly pit in my stomach.

"Vince?"

I breathed, repeating the words in my head before saying them aloud. "Not like this. I-I don't feel...comfortable."

He blinked, then glanced at my trembling hands on either side of him. It was then I wished he could read my mind, the words I couldn't say swirling in my head; the fears of being above him like this making everything feel wrong. Though my wolf was silent, the fear of him appearing at any moment grew the longer I hovered above him. Trapping him in like this, without a choice to end this, was a terrifying thought, regardless if my wolf was involved or not.