I squeezed his hand, letting his other hand wander over my chest in a tantalizingly slow manner, his eyes in a trance as he did so. When I thought he'd continue south, his hand stopped at the bottom of my shirt, inching his hand underneath the material. Goosebumps immediately formed as the warmth of his hand brushed the sensitive area on my side.

"May I?" he said, gently pulling the shirt away from my skin. I blinked, still in shock, but found the coherency to nod. Our hands parted as he raised the shirt, my arms getting stuck for a moment as he pulled them over my shoulders. He chuckled as he wrestled with the shirt, finally sliding a hand over my shoulder to get it free. He let it fall to the ground before reaching for my hand again.

Tentatively, I raised my free hand between us, unsure if he'd also like to remove his shirt. My cheeks flushed at the thought of asking him, but he seemed to understand. "Go ahead."

I nodded, slowly leaning in to reach for his shirt. Slowly inching the hem up his chest must have been agonizing for him, but I wanted to be cautious. Simon's had bad experiences before, and I didn't want one hasty move to trigger anything that would remind him of those moments. That, and I wanted this to be perfect; he deserved nothing less. Goosebumps formed along his sides as my hand grazed his while the heated gaze remained on me. It was less of a struggle to remove his oversized shirt from his shoulders, but he was eager to return his lips to mine. I let the shirt pool at my feet before kissing him with the same force.

Quickly, we found comfort in conjoining our bodies together, our hands roaming our bare skin. Though I had seen Simon shirtless before, it was like another layer of understanding and appreciating my mate before me, especially at this level of vulnerable intimacy.

Simon did most of the leading, his grip on my back intensifying as we lost ourselves in the kisses, his feet urging us closer to the bed. I was grateful for his guidance, as this was entirely new for me—or would soon be. Though I've felt the heat of sex before, never had it been as emotionally involved as it was now. Even when I had been with Sarah, it was never this level of euphoria or passion, always cold and almost mechanical.

This was anything but cold and mundane.

We hadn't reached the bed yet as Simon tugged his pants off, struggling a bit, before loosening and tossing them haphazardly at the foot of the bed.

Simon sat at the edge of the bed, his hand still holding mine, looking up expectantly. I knelt between his knees, my other hand wrapping around his torso. His length strained against the confines of his underwear, aching for some kind of release. It was impossible to ignore, and I was sure it was excruciating if he's had this since his shower and hadn't touched it once.

His cheeks flushed red as he tilted my chin up. "You don't have to do that."

Though he sounded serious, the way he bit his bottom lip made me want to do it anyways. Surely, that couldn't have been comfortable, especially with how his body twitched under my skin. "I could—"

He rested his index finger against my lips, replacing them with his lips in a passionate kiss. He parted, grinning before booping my nose with a laugh. "It's fine."

I gave him a skeptical look before straightening my back, my hands urging his body closer, the heat between us growing stronger by the second. "Another time, then?"

"Maybe."

There was a sultry gleam in Simon's eye as he closed the gap between us. The air was thick with the mingling of our wolf's pheromones, and I wondered how I could have possibly deprived ourselves of this feeling. His hands reached out towards me like a siren, luring me to him like a lighthouse. His hands were delicate around my cheeks, gentle and warm, and as he had described before, home.