THIRTY-FOUR

New update. Happy reading.

Author's Note: Cussing. Profanities.

"YOUR AUNT will be coming over to your place tonight?"

Walking hand in hand along the lively streets of Yokohama together with Izana, Akari hummed cheerfully in response to his question while busy licking her favorite mint chocolate chip flavored ice cream on her other free hand. The tanned male decided they should go out for a stroll as the weather was perfect to walk around the rural city. Akari couldn't agree more since she badly needed a breather from all her summer homework.

"Hm. I see." Izana fixed the girl's sun hat that looked slightly skewed on her head. He too was wearing a baseball cap himself because he didn't want any of his enemies to recognize him and ruin their 'mini date'. He looked at her melting ice cream. "Is that flavor tastes good?"

"Yup! That's why it's my favorite!" She offered her ice cream to him. "You wanna try some?"

"Sure." Izana leaned over and took a huge bite of her ice cream, making her jaw drop. He licked his lips. "Not bad."

She slapped his arm. "Hey! Not that much!" She pouted her lips in dismay, teary-eyed, at the small portion left on her ice cream. "How cruel."

He chuckled. "I'll buy you one again later," he promised. He brushed the tiny chocolate chip from the corner of her lips with his thumb and brought it to his mouth, licking his digit clean.

"Make it five scoops."

He patted her head and only smiled at her childish demand. "Okay, okay."

"Whoa, check that one out! That petite chick over there is so cute!"

"Yeah. I know, right? Should we ask for her number?"

"But she's already with someone. The dude must be her boyfriend."

"Psh. Nah. That's probably just her older brother. There's no way a puny guy like him would date such a cutie."

Izana halted in his tracks and his eyebrow twitched. What did that bastard say?

Akari noticed his abrupt stop since she was holding his hand and perked her head up to see his expression darkened. Her forehead creased as she was puzzled by his mood swing. "Is something the matter, Iza-san?"

The older teen sent a baleful glare at the two good-for-nothing bastards who were talking shit about him. An irk mark appeared on his temple. He was now damn pissed. How dare those damn fuckers mocked him! "Stay right here, Akari. I'm just going to beat up some assholes."

The ravenette gawked at him, baffled. Wait, what? She consumed the remaining of her ice cream and was fast to seize his forearm, stopping him from doing something outrageous. "No, stop! Don't cause a scene!"

"And what? Let those motherfuckers insult me? No fucking way. Let go, Akari. I'm going to send those scumbags to their hospital beds! Don't worry, I'll end this real quick."