TWENTY-SEVEN

Nothing. Just wanna say hi. New chapter. Happy reading!

Author's Note: Cussing. Profanities. Mention of sexual assault and murder.

"AKARI! AKARI! AKARI! Hey, wake up already!"

Akari groaned in her sleep as she felt a hand shaking her shoulder and swatted it away. "S-stop it, Take-chan...!" She turned to the other side of the bed and covered her whole body with her blanket. "Tell Auntie Chiako to give me five more minutes! I still need to recharge some more..."

"Who the hell are you talking to, you brat?! If you don't wake up this instant, I'll drag your sleepy ass out of the bed myself and I promise you, it will not be that nice."

"W-what... are you...?" That was then she realized that the voice she heard just now didn't belong to her cousin. It was someone else. She shot her eyes open—now wide awake—and kicked her blanket away from her body. She was met with a pair of orchid eyes as she pulled her body up on the soft mattress, their faces almost an inch apart. Her own eyes dilated in surprise and instinctively scooted herself away from the figure until she reached the edge of the bed and accidentally slip her butt off, causing her to fall on her back. She winced in pain. "Ouch! That hurt!!!"

"Pfft!"

Akari climbed back to her bed while enduring the subtle pain in her back and sent Izana a deathly glare as she saw him suppressing his laughter. "What's so funny?!" she snarled.

"You. Your stupid ass is damn funny." The corners of his lips quirked up into a mocking smile, his hands on his waist. "I told you to wake up already, didn't I? That's what you get for being such a sleepyhead."

She puffed her cheeks at him in annoyance. This asshole.

Izana just ruffled her messy bed hair and turned on his heel. "C'mon. Breakfast is ready. I still have to drop you off at your school later for that training camp of yours."

He was about to step out of her room when Akari was quick to grab him by the hem of his shirt. "Wait."

The tanned male looked at her over his shoulder. "What?"

The ravenette held out her arms to him. "Carry me."

Izana slowly turned his body around to face her again and gave her an impassive look. "Come again?"

"I hit my back on the floor. It hurts. And it's your fault. Now, you have to carry your princess," she sassed.

Izana stared at her weirdly as if she grew another head and snorted. He just brushed her off. "As if. You're not injured. Walk on your own." When he saw her batting her eyelashes at him in a cute way and pouting her lips like a little kid, he can't help but roll his eyeballs at her. "What the hell are you trying to do, doofus?"

Akari gazed at him innocently. "Oh, that didn't work?" She puckered her eyebrows in confusion and touched her chin. "Weird. Ran-san said I should use my cuteness every time you refuse to do whatever I ask," she said out loud, making the latter curse at his lanky underling.