NINETEEN

New update. Enjoy reading!

Warning: Cussing. Profanities. Mention of harassment. Introduction of main characters from Tokrev.

 Introduction of main characters from Tokrev

"WHEW! THAT was close!"

Akari shot a wary glance at the strange blonde boy who just appeared out of nowhere and introduced himself as Mikey. They were both catching their breaths after they ran away from the forest not too long ago and were now back at the festival.

The ravenette studied his features discreetly. He looked somewhere around her age with short blonde hair and a familiar pair of pitch-black eyes that kind of resembled someone she didn't recall who. He was wearing a pink hoodie, pink shorts with black leggings, and a pair of sandals. They were also almost the same height, only a few centimeters taller than her but not as tall as her cousin. He was actually pretty short for a teen boy entering his puberty.

Afterward, her blue irises drifted to his hand which was still gripping tightly with hers. "Uhm, you can let go of my hand now," she told him airily.

"Huh?" Mikey didn't quite understand what she said first until he looked down at their intertwined hands. He quickly released his hand from her upon realization. "Sorry. My bad."

She caressed her hand. "I-it's alright."

There was an awkward silence.

She cleared her throat. "So, uhm, Mikey-san, right? How long have you been there?" she started, breaking off the silence.

"You mean how long I've been watching you?" he clarified with another question. "I've been there ever since those guys ganging up on you while hiding behind the trees."

Akari couldn't believe her ears. "What? So you're saying you're just watching us this whole time without thinking of helping me?"

Mikey immediately shook his head. "No, that's not what I meant! I was really planning to jump in and help you out! I swear!" he reasoned out, trying to convince her. "But then, when I saw how you beat up their asses on your own, I thought you don't need my help at all. You're actually pretty amazing for a kid."

The girl puffed her cheeks and drew her eyebrows together in annoyance as she didn't like what he said in his last sentence. He didn't have to emphasize that word to her. "I'm not a kid, you jerk!" she corrected him, growling. "I may be short but that doesn't mean I'm a kid! For your information, I'm already in my first year of middle school!"

"Oh, really?" He scratched his head and looked somewhat ashamed of his mistake again. "Sorry. I had no idea. I thought you were still in elementary." 

She scoffed at him. She crossed her arms over her chest. This jerk. "Stop judging me based solely on my physical appearance or I'll kick your ass too!" she spat. Then she looked at him from head to toe. "Well, you're no different than me. You looked like a kid too! I bet you're just the same age as I am."