"Em calm down, it's just a movie." Leah said.

"But.." before he could start Rose started telling him off and about how humans need to eat in peace.

"Eve you look like you finished eating, why don't we take a walk while they argue." Esme said, putting her hand out for me to take.

"Yes please." I said, getting up from the table.

Esme took my hand before waving at the others and walking through the back door to the back of the house.

"Are you alright dear?" Esme asked.

"I just didn't have a very good sleep last night but I'm alright." I reassured her.

"Why don't you tell me about your nightmare?" Esme asked gently.

"How did you..." I asked confused.

"The faults of living in a house full of vampires." Esme said, sheepishly.

"I.. I don't know if I should..." I stuttered.

"There are things that might be easier to talk about with someone outside of your soul group." She said, gently squeezing my hand.

"You know, no one ever really explained soul groups to me." I said, trying to change the subject.

"Fine, I'll let this subject change go but only because it's important for you to understand." Esme said reluctantly. "the legend of the soul groups tells the story of the old gods and their solution for chaos. The old gods watched their creations live in pain, different people took their differences and used it as a way to hurt each other so as a solution the gods took a peace of their own soul and split it between groups of three, five and seven so that the love and connection between them will be strengthen by the god's souls and it will push them to change the world. At all given time there are three soul groups, one of three, one of five, and one of seven." she explained.

"But there are also just couples of soulmates right?
Jasper told me you and Carlisle are soulmates." I asked.

"Yes that's the norm, most people especially supernatural people have one soulmate." Esme explained.

"What's the story behind that?" I asked.

"Nah ah, now it's time to talk about you. What happened last night? " Esme asked.

"It was just a nightmare." I told her looking away.

"A nightmare or a memory?" Esme asked knowly.

"I was just having a bad night." I said, making an effort to breathe normally.

"You know... I had a very bad relationship with my mom when she was alive." Esme said out of the blue.

"Really?" I asked.

"My father was a farmer, he worked day and night. we had some bad winters but we were happy, healthy but my mom wanted more, she wanted more than we had and she expected me to get it for her.
She arranged for me to marry the son of a rich man, no matter how much I begged she wouldn't relent and eventually she left me no choice but to do it. it was either marry him or freeze the next winter without a roof over my head.
He was cruel, acted like I should be grateful just for being in his presence. I was miserable, my only saving grace was that I got pregnant very quickly and had my son. he gave me hope and happiness but he fall ill and died, may he rest in peace, I was left with no hope and I seeked help from my mother but she had no sympathy for me, she wanted me to stay with the husband for the money.
A lot of things led me to my choice to end my life but... I can never imagine letting one of my children reach that point mentally." Esme told me her story.

I set down on the grass and she set down next to me waiting for me to talk.

"When I was fourteen my sister had a crush. I didn't like him, he was a douche. one day she invited him to our house so they can hang out and he started coming by more often, I did everything I could to not be around him. my intuition told me to stay away from him but one time my mom insisted I stay home for a family movie night with her my sister and him. my mom and sister left to buy something, I can't even remember what, and I was left alone with him he.. he.. he came at me I.. I.. I tried to get away and after he did some things I managed to get away and run upstairs to try and lock myself in my room but.... he ran after me and I ended up pushing him down the stairs and he broke his leg. I ran to my room and locked the door because I couldn't get to the phone without going by him... when my mom and sister came home he told them I attacked him, that I hit on him and when he said no, I jumped on him.
even though I had the marks and the torn clothes.. they believed him... my mom called me a whore, my sister spread rumors around school that I tried to seduce him and... sometimes the memories of all of it just get to be a little too much...." I told her a small part of my story feeling kinda of relieved to finally tell that to someone.

"Did he...."? Esme asked looking grave.

"No, he would've but I screamed and scratched at him. I've been keeping my nails long at all times ever since." I said, looking at my nails feeling strangely greatfull for them.

"I'm sorry." Esme said putting her hand around me hugging me closer to her.

"You wanna know something... he was a stranger with a bad vibe, I didn't expect anything but bad things from him... but my mom and sister... in some way what they did hurts more." I admitted looking up to the sky.

Esme just hugged me closer, kissing my forehead before she got up and held her hand out for me to take.

"You think they decided on a movie by now?" I asked, taking her hand and getting up.

"Probably not." Esme said, with a loving smile.

"as their mom you must have a lot of embarrassing stories about my mates." I asked, smiling at her.

Esme crossed her hand with mine before returning my smile and telling me funny stories about everyone, especially Emmett, all the way back to the house.

"So what movie are we watching?" I asked, as we walked into the living room.

"Baby save me, please." Rose said, walking up to me as Esme walked over to Carlisle to sit on his lap.

"Still haven't decided on a movie?" I asked everyone, hugging her close to me.

"I honestly didn't think vampire can get headaches." Rose said, moving to hug me from behind putting her head on my shoulder.

"We need to watch star wars!" Emmett yelled desperately And started the discussion all over again.

it was hours before we actually watched a movie ,not star wars. we were all cuddling on the couches late into the night.

Emmett still complaining from time to time about not watching star wars.