(14) damn this hurts like a bitch

Start from the beginning

"best friend"
OUCH BUT IM SORRY???
BRO I HAD THIS ELABORATE PLAN
TO KIDNAP YOU FROM YOUR
DORM AND THROW A COMING
HOME PARTY BUT SCRATCH THAT

girlfriend <3
MY HONEY BROKE HER ARM??
BABY NOOO GET WELL SOON T-T

mark anti
we literally just got news of a
comeback in october too ^3^

girlfriend <3
THAT LITERALLY BREAKS MY HEART
NOOO

mark anti
haha its okay
my group is just gonna be leaderless
for a few 3 months lol
or at least the expected time!!
yeah i cant really move it at all and
damn it hurts like a bitch
mark anti
the expected time is 3 months
because i broke my arm and
tore my ligament but if it continues to
hurt then it might take longer

bitchless
you said slipped and fell on a broken
panel right?
jesus how did that fall did so much
damage bro. it sounds absurd but i
dont doubt it at all

mark anti
do you want a photo of my bruised
and broken arm bitch boy?
i couldnt have even controlled the fall
either too

bitchless
haha i'll pass on the photo!

mark anti
yk what sucks about all of this
i had a gut feeling something was gonna
go wrong.
mark anti
i was so surprised to hear that i fucked
up my arm that much
like a whole tore ligament, i thought it
wasn't that bad of a fall but i stand
corrected!!
maybe because the panel continued to
break from underneath me as i fell...

girlfriend <3
brb gonna sue someone

"best friend"
send us the address when visiting hours
are open for everyone please TTT

—hospital room

laying there felt so hollow. after awhile, everyone had become busy and even her true friends from outside kpop were busy too. she would have to go back to school after this, given she would have 3 months of just pure break. the second term was starting soon and she really needed to make sure all her classes for the second term was right and they were all appropriately night classes.

it was her last year at the school, her last second term. it was somewhat depressing, yet she knew it was worth the trouble. given it taught her the valuable lesson of time balance and work ethics.

slipping out of the bed, she walked awkwardly to the bathroom to wash her face with her free arm. she was sorta lucky that it was during rehearsals and not when she had a full face of makeup. which wasn't exactly the luckiest deal. she couldn't even perform for her fans, even if she got hurt in the end. was it more selfish to get hurt before performing or during performing. maybe she just didn't want to get hurt in the first place.

staring at herself in the mirror, she felt exhausted. had all the weight finally come crashing down on her in the most inconvenient way? she should've just called off the rehearsal when she felt something wrong in her gut. she shouldn't have powered through that feeling. ending herself up in a ditch, or like a oneway trip to hell. 3 months? what were you even suppose to do for 3 months?

she was told she could sit on stage with her members once the pain had reduced in their next comeback. hearing her phone ring from the other room, she walked out to pick it up. "hello?" she muttered, it was soomin's number.
"unnie! we got our first win!" her eyes widened at those words, feeling her mouth hang in shock and joy.

"really? send a photo of the award idiot!" she smiled, putting the phone on speaker so she could see when the photo was sent. "okayy, i sent it! we did it unnie!"
seeing the photo, her heart could not stop beating, wow, just wow. there were a lot of songs and groups promoting so it was hard to really compete essentially. and this really blew her mind. they actually got a win during the busiest time of the month for songs and groups.

it really wrapped up their promotions well. after a month of pure song promotions, it was nice to finally end it up good with an award. "i wish you were here to receive it." she smiled, understanding why they would say that. "we had to dance and leave a space for you like you were. chohee cried a lot because you weren't here." it really was hard having a missing member.

"remember, you guys have a few more shows to do and some filming for reSYNTH and whatnot. i trust you guys will be fine without me for a little while yeah? you can visit me soon either way." she hummed, she did trust them to handle themselves. they weren't children of any sort and were grown ups for fuck sakes. she trusted them as long as they trusted her words. what is said by her goes, or what they liked to tell her.

"yes! we'll send flowers soon, get well unnie! we miss you." saying their mutual goodbyes, she crouched on the side of the hospital bed and just laid her head on the side of it. thinking and feeling unhappy. she wished she could be there, but it just wasn't possible right now. especially not right now.

hearing a knock at the door, she stood up and awaited for whoever to enter. seeing her mom, she pouted and went over to hug her respectively. "mom, i'm so sadd," she cooed, digging her head into her mom's shoulder. peeking over to see the jelly drinks in the bag. "you got my favourite!" she gasped, backing up and covering her mouth with her hand.

"oh my sweet seokyu, i can't believe you got injured my baby." feeling her face get held and moved around to check for injuries. "i'm fine mom, i have a few bruises on my knees but you should be worried about my arm mom." she light heartedly joked, looking down to her arm in its sling. "oh what to do.. see i told you that when you become an idol you will only cause trouble to yourself. you were so clumsy as a kid." she scowled making her pout.

"momm, i wasn't that clumsy.. and why are you scolding me! i'm an injured patient who really wants her jelly drinks." she cooed motioning to the bag. "you're lucky you are still my daughter." she tsked and motioned to the girl to sit down on the bed so she could rest as intended. "did the doctor tell you how long it will take for you to be all better? you're lucky you weren't admitted at your dad's hospital." rolling her eyes, she carefully opened the drink and drank at it happily.

"the nurse said hopefully 3 months at the earliest. i have to stay at the hospital for a week because they're scared of me getting hurt further. then i'll be discharged." she nodded, she still had to decide if she wanted to be at the dorms or at home for the time she had remaining in the damned cast. both locations being close to her university. "aish.. 3 months is too long." she chuckled, her mom's worried words for her were so blunt. "yeah. 3 months is really long."

posted; 15/08/22

author notes
i'm not sorry