Chapter 39

As Namjoon walked into the kitchen for breakfast, he noticed a familiar figure towering over you.

"Y/N, I missed you," a stuffy nosed, Taehyung had told you while hugging you tightly and scenting you.

"I took care of you this whole time. I saw you every day," you told him while cutting up pieces of fruits.

"Yeah, but I couldn't hug you or else you'd get sick and I was asleep the whole time," he whined.

"Glad you're feeling better, Tae," Namjoon let his presence be known to the feline hybrid and stood right beside you.

"Hey hyung," Taehyung sniffled.

"Do you mind lending me, Y/N for a couple of minutes?" Namjoon ruffled the younger hybrid's hair.

"Do I have to?" Taehyung pouted.

"It's pretty important."

"Fine, but I want a kiss first," Taehyung let you go and pointed at his cheek. You willingly obliged before handing him a plate of food. The feline hybrid grinned, took the plate, and rushed to the dining area to brag about his kiss to Jimin and Jungkook.

"You really shouldn't indulge him like that," Namjoon said while leaning down to kiss you himself. As he got close to your lips, he noticed the baked sweet potato smell that strongly emanated from you. The wolf hybrid inhaled deeply as his tail wagged contentedly. He hadn't smelled Taehyung on you for a while and it was refreshing to detect his scent on you again.

"What do you need me for?" you asked while leaning forward to meet Namjoon's lips. You gave him a couple of quick pecks.

"Hm? Oh uh...yeah I was wondering if you wanted to meet my old pack today." Namjoon pulled back and stood up straight.

"Today? Do you think they're ready?"

"Most of them are awake and recovering well. I think I should start soon. I don't wanna prolong it and make it awkward when I tell them I want to leave."

"Should we get everyone?"

"No, just you for now. I don't want to overwhelm them. Announcing a six person inter-pack is kind of a big deal."

"Ah, right...okay, yeah sure, right now?"

"Yeah, we could bring them breakfast together."

"Oh good idea, that can soften the blow. I'm almost done making breakfast. Can you grab the juice from the fridge and put it on the cart?"

"Sure," Namjoon helped (as much as you let him) with the finishing touches of the breakfast and got ready to wheel the cart to the clinic. Just as you two began to walk towards the bridge, you stopped in your tracks and stared at your clothes. 

They were fine for cooking and hanging out with the pack, but you were about to meet some important people from Namjoon's past. With this in mind, you ran towards the stairs.

"Little red? Where are you going?"

"I need to change into nicer clothes!" you called up while half-way up the steps.

"Why?"

"I need to make a good first impression!"

Namjoon shook his head, "What you're wearing is fi—ah it's too late..."

The wolf hybrid sighed and sat on the steps to wait. When you finally came down, the two of you hurried towards the clinic to make up for the time you spent changing. As Namjoon reached for the door knob, you quickly grabbed his hand.

"Wait, do I look okay?"

"You look perfect, little red," he kissed your forehead before opening the door and strolling in with you behind him.