"Nice life you have, decided," she declared with a thumbs-up.

I laughed, "Abey Gadhi, not like that.Don't make hasty decisions, you always do that. Take your time."

She seemed to think about it and nodded slowly.I smiled and reached out to kiss her fluffy cheek.
She forwarded her lips to me and I sighed.But I was staring at it. Her lips were cherry red.

"I can't do that yet, don't tempt me you idiot."
She did after all deserve a grand gesture before I could make that move.Damn the pandemic.

She was having none of it so I got up and hastily pecked her lips before grabbing her cup from the table.

She giggled, "Why are you running away now?"

"I'm not running away," I sputtered back indignantly, "Go have your shower."

As Shehnaz went to shower, I thought it the best opportunity to return my calls.

I called my mother first but she didn't pick up so I had to leave a voice note about the precautions.

Then unfortunately, they were two calls from Miss Desai.My thumb hovered over the number for a moment and then I heard the shower tap drizzling water.

I quickly moved into the living room and called her.She picked almost instantaneously which was suspicious.

"Sid, mey tumme call nahi karti hoon generally. And when I call, you don't pick up."

I didn't even feel like lying that I was busy, "What's the matter.Sab theek hai?"

The words were unsaid, You calling me, where have you hit your head?

"Ya ya, just a small issue.You know Shefali's husband right?"

"Haa, Parag...What about him?"

"He's just, they are just having some trouble."

"In the sense?" I prodded irately.This woman was so dramatic, it takes her a century to come to the point.

"He had a business right? Its sinking and stuff is not looking nice.Got his hands a little dirty..."

"What happened? Why are you saying this? Why is Shef not calling me?"

"She didn't want anyone to know but I thought she won't mind me telling you so yeah..."

"Okay, forward me her bank details, Desai I'll just--"

"No,no your jiju works for the IT department right? We just want you to use his influence... Nothing much."

"Rashami seedhe seedhe batao.Karna kya hai?"

Out of the corner of my eye, I sensed someone's presence and I turned around to see Shehnaaz standing there simply watching me with her hands folded across her chest.

"Ek minute," I left her and walked into the office room.

"Haan, bol."

"Just swipe and replace a few papers, that's it.Release the company basically"

"For a business that you agree has gone dirty? Jiju's job will be on the scales?Wh--Tell me one thing, why are you so concerned?"

She didn't reply and I caught up a moment later.

"You've made some heavy investments in his business haven't you?"

"Haa, toh?A lot of your friends have also invested.Your friends.Your ex girlfriend's life."

"Mujhe pata hai kisko kaise madhar karna hai Rashami.You don't need to teach me, theek hai? And this idea of yours is so bekaar I don't know what to tell you."