✰LoNe MuSiNgS✰

Sid

I felt better when I'd left my sister's apartment but nothing made it arbitrary.I had to block out the part of my fucking brain that kept reminding me that Shehnaz was just two floors away, giggling happily with the rest of my family.

My pride would not have been so bruised if I had at least noticed a hint of misery on her face which she sported whenever I fought with her and ignored her.

Instead she was giggling, happy and fucking playing board games.Well, that's what I thought until my confrontation in the kitchen and right after I left, I heard a broken sob. Was she crying because she wanted me or didn't want to see me again?
No damn idea.

I meanwhile had delved deep into work, reviewing tax filings, investments and attending interviews all week.And work had always been the best distraction.I made sure to train myself in the gym enough for me to exhaust myself to sleep.

That way I wouldn't notice the absence of Shehnaz by my side.Of course, there had been certain embarrassing moments when I had called out for her once I had woken up or reached out for her body next to mine absent mindedly but that was it.She was just a faint memory locked away at the back of my head.I had succeeded in carrying on with normalcy for a week and a half.

But seeing her at arm's length now made me feel a pang deep in my chest.
Hell, I had been in a commitment with women in the past and yet got over them in a snap.The sane part of my brain would rationalize the break-up and I would go back to being me.I could even garner a smile at them and converse with my exes like old acquaintances.

But I hadn't even got to naming my relationship with Shehnaz nor gotten intimate with her and here I was, moping away for her in my apartment.
I felt powerless and I had never felt like that in ny life.I prided myself on being completely in control of my cool devil-may-care facade.

I took in a deep staggering breath and glanced at my reflection in the antique mirror before me.
I combed my tousled hair back and reached for my phone.

Maybe I should just call Shehnaz and ask her to come over.I couldn't lose her over this silly tiff. I couldn't bear to watch her from this distance again.It reminded me of our week long fight in the house of the reality show where I was nothing short of miserable.

I had nabbed her contact number from her Punjab Talent company with a few smooth words for no reason.Even at the summit of anger, I had first groped around for any way of contact.Stupid.

My finger hovered over her name at present. I didn't have the pride of being the one to go for the first apology.Not with her.Not after all that she had done for me.

But I couldn't neglect the fact that she herself ignored me and pushed me away.Could I really force my presence on her without understanding what was going on in her head?

I tossed my phone away recklessly and opened my laptop. I was checking and replying to all the important mails when the door opened like a hurricane.

"Hi, we're going out for billiards and dinner.Ready hoja."

I slammed my laptop shut in half-frustration and irritation.Trust my sisters to take Sana to the Billiards club and introduce her to their stupid,young male business friends.

"Kyu?"

"Kyu matlab? You promised to clear your schedule for this yesterday!" Neetu reminded me and I had to agree begrudgingly.She was a persistent soul.

"You're driving.He's going to return late from office," she threw me the keys and I caught it mid-air and headed to my room grumpily.

I didn't bother with my appearance. A blasé POLO shirt and pants to match seemed to suffice for their casual hangout.I hoped Shehnaz had left when my sisters and my mother began to get into the car with their handbags.