two

.....

the boy

I didn't wanna go to school today, I was slowly losing my motivation to keep going in life, there isn't a reason to keep going anymore.

I felt hot tears stream down my cheeks, I bet my eyes were puffy and red by now, I've been crying all night. The sun rose from the dark sky, the sun rise was gorgeous.

I decided I'd go to school for the fun of it, maybe it'd help distract me.

I grabbed a brush from my pocket and started to comb it how I liked it, I bet I didn't smell too hot right now, maybe that's why nobody talks to me besides Ponyboy.

I wiped the tears off of my face, the thing I hated most was when my parents ignored me, it made me feel like they didn't know about my existence. It was better when they were hitting me.

I shrugged back the thought, I couldn't change their minds anyways, so i should stop trying.

A group of socs had been walking behind me, causing me to shake in fear, I just started to walk a little bit faster.

"Hey greaser!" One of them called to me, but I ignored them, I didn't wanna have to deal with them now, not when my parents had just kicked me out of their house.

One shoved me, making me rip my jean open on my knee, I didn't bat an eye, it didn't hurt, I was just scared.

Another started to hit me and sliced my arm with his blade, I tried not to scream in pain, I should be used to this by now. Why am I being so weak?

I tried fighting back, but they had a strong grip of my arms and legs, there was nothing I could do.

It felt like an hour had last, maybe it had. They finally got up and left me for dead, they probably had thought I was dead. I sure felt like it.

So this is how it end huh? My life end here, my eyes were getting heavy and I tried to keep hold of consciousness as long as I could, but I slipped and lost control of it.

Maybe I had been laying there for days, maybe even months, but I didn't know, I just watched the sky as the pain in my arm ached.

"Johnny!" A scared voice called to me, I barely opened my eyes to see Soda and Steve running at me.

"Are you okay buddy?" Soda looked at me with fear in his eyes, I didn't know why they were so scared, it was finally all ending, the pain.

"They..." I choked out but then started to bawl like a baby. Why am I so weak?! I mentally slapped myself.

Steve and Soda looked at each other before picking me up, where are they taking me? I don't know.

I suddenly felt as if I slipped once again, reality left me in an instant, maybe I died, but I didn't.

I was just mentally dead.

The girl

.....

I might've fell asleep while watching that boring movie in chemistry, I felt as if I would just die before the class ended.

A boy in the seat next to me looked just as bored as I did, I wouldn't blame him, maybe this class would kill the both of us.

Thirty minutes later the class dismissed, I left faster than i should've, since i tripped over a few chairs and backpacks that sit aimlessly on the ground.

I hurried to my gym class, if I had been late today then I'd be rewarded with a detention, and I don't think my oldest brother would be too happy with that.

The teacher had us run three laps around the gym, I was practically sweating by the time it was over with, I guess you could say I'm not as athletic as Ponyboy.

Ponyboy would be laughing at my attempt at running, and the thought just made me wanna be just as good as him at running. So I tried pushing myself, I really did but I ended up falling and tripping on things that weren't even there.

I always have to humiliate myself, don't I?