eight

THE BOY
....

I saw a familiar figure running madly in the distance, then I heard sobs escaping their lips.

Lolipop.

I didn't think, I just ran over to her.
"Are you alright?" I asked quickly, stopping her in her tracks.
"No." She said choking out tears. "Steve never loved me."

My eyes widened. "Of course he does, why would you say that?"
"He broke it off with me, said something about you..."
Me? What did I have to do with this.
"He's...blaming me?" I asked nervously, I was afraid of Steve if I be honest, he could beat me up if he wanted to, but he never did.

"No, he said you've never been in love before." She swallowed back the tears. "He said that he knew you were in love with me and I told him me and you are just friends but he didn't listen."

That hurt. Just friends. I didn't wanna be just friends!
"Oh." Was all I could manage. "Let's go to the lot and talk about this."
She nodded slightly and followed me to the lot, it wasn't much of a long walk, the air hit my face like a punch.

She seemed cold, she crossed her arms around her chest while her teeth chattered. I took my jean jacket off of myself and threw it over her shoulders.

She looked at me with wide eyes. "You're gonna freeze!"

"No I won't." I shrugged it off, but I really was freezing, but that didn't matter to me now.
"I already have a jacket, Johnny." Se mumbled.

"But you're still cold." I defended, goosebumps forming on my arms.
"But you're cold too." She said, she still looked cold even when she was wearing two jackets now.
It sounded cheesy, but I wanted her to stay warm at all costs. I draped my arm around her shoulder, pulling her closer to me as we walked.
She didn't seem to mind, which made me relax a whole lot.

Her presence just made all my problems fade away.

THE GIRL

~
It was freezing outside, but I didn't wanna admit it to Johnny, I didn't want him to give up his jacket for me.

But he did, a ping of guilt hit my heart. I just couldn't accept it.
Johnny looked cold, his arms had goosebumps on it. I hated that he was giving up his jacket just for me.

"I already have a jacket, Johnny." I rolled my eyes, I had been arguing with him about why I didn't need a jacket since I wasn't even that cold anyways.

"But you're still cold." He defended, his shoe laces smacked on the concrete.
"But you're cold too." I said.

It was quiet for a long moment, but without warning, Johnny wrapped his arm around my shoulder, and pulled me closer to him.

I was taken aback for a second before warning up from his body heat. He seemed hesitant to do it, but I was glad he did.

I loved his presence, it made me feel like I was floating.

THE BOY

We arrived to the lot, the trees were dancing as the breeze hit them. The leaves rustled and bushes around us moved whenever wind smacked against them.
It was one of those perfect days, the days that didn't make sense and didn't feel real. I adored those days.

Of course I wouldn't admit it the gang, they'd think I was a wussy or something like that. So I kept my mouth shut about things I enjoyed.

But I felt free when I was with her, like the world had stopped and it was just us both. I never realized the point in love when it will always come to an end.