Takamune Kitami - Fireflies Festival

Takamune POV

Takamune POV

"Taka, you're going to have an away game to Aichi this weekend?" Yuuri asked.
I nodded my head while playing video games.
"I thought I would come to cheer on you,"
I immediately averted my gaze in surprise. Since the start of the season, Yuuri had never come when I played away games because the timing does not match her working schedule.
"Is that true?" of course I'm happy.
Yuuri nodded, "I don't have any urgent work, and the match is Saturday morning, so it's fine,"
I smiled, "Okay,"
"Can we go for a walk after the game?" she asked.
"Of course. Is there a place you'd like to visit?" I ask.
It's nice, I was able to spend more time with her.
"Let's see," she took her smartphone, "I should also book a hotel near the stadium,"
"Ehh? You'll be staying with me, won't you? I can ask a room for myself. My teammates usually do it when their wife or girlfriend comes to watch,"
She looked at me, "Well...I feels it's still awkward for me,"
"Why is that? They all already know that you are my girlfriend," I said.
"Uhm...I still feel uneasy,"
Yuuri always had a way of thinking that I had a hard time understanding.
I then leaned closer to her, pushing her gently onto the sofa, "But...you're still going to spend the night with me, right?" I brought my face closer to her while pressing my body closer. I could see her surprised and blushing face. That's so adorable.
He put her hands on my chest and nodded.
I smiled and gave her an intense kiss.

***

Our team arrived in Aichi Friday morning. We have to keep our winning streak, that way the league title will be closer.
"Kitami-san, if you want to run, I'll tap to make you more comfortable," Yuno, the club trainer said.
"Thank you, I'll warm up right away after putting things in the room," I said.
"Hey, hey... Kitami, training will be in the afternoon," Misugi said, "Let's relax a bit,"
"I called my friend who is in Aichi, she will take us for a walk," Ishizaki said, "She will also take her friends, they are university students," he laughed.
"Oh...well done Ishizaki!" Misugi laughed, "Let's have some fun, Kitami, Yuno-san,"
"No, thank you." I said, "My girlfriend is coming to support me. We will go for a walk later,"
"Ohh...Tashikawa-san? It's rare, usually, she doesn't come during away games," Misugi said.
"Could it be....he suspected you had an affair during an away game with a local girl?" Ishizaki said it.
"Hah?!" I raised my voice in annoyance, "How could I do that!" I assured.
"Just kidding, kidding," Ishizaki laughed, "Yuno-san, will you come with us?"
"Ah thank you, but my girlfriend will also come," Yuno said.
"Heh?!! Not cool," Misugi looked sluggish.
"Sorry. She wanted to see fireflies," Yuno said.
"Fireflies?" I'm curious.
"Yes. There is a kind of firefly viewing festival in the Torikawa-cho every summer," Yuno said. "Kitami-san, you might want to see the festival with your girlfriend,"
I nodded my head.
Yuuri would be happy if I took her.

***

I feel like running to hug her every time I score a goal. But, thankfully West Tokyo FC managed to win. I  managed to score 1 goal and the Captain scored 1 goal, we won 2-0.
After the game we still have interviews, fans gathering, and team meetings. Usually, we also have a party, but if it's an away game we do it when they return to Tokyo. And because the match took place in the morning, I had plenty of time to spend with her for the rest of the day.