Smart Fox

Tails Pov

It's been two years since the Lab blew up and the news of my Cottage bursting up in flames.
Since that day, I've been looking for a way to locate Sonic. I know sonic survived that flame outburst, He's strong and durable enough to last hours in fire or intoxicating areas. A few test experiments proved that. I also know he's
wary of his surroundings so if there were any loud noises or sounds that's unfamiliar, He'd stop what he's doing to go check it out.
Sonic Is Smart. Sure he depends on me most of the time, but whenever I'm not home and a problem appears, he always knows what to do, and he fixes the problem faster than the speed of light. So I know he couldn't had gone far from the cottage, but where could be had gone?..

As I'm thinking, I sit back in my swivel chair causing it to roll back a bit as I stretch. When I finished stretching I Sat back up and cracked my knuckles before I continued to type on my virtual keyboard connected to my monitor. After a few minutes of typing in codes and locations, I take a sip of my coffee and sat the mug back down on the counter, Then I sighed. 'I can't even get a signal' I thought as my ear twitches at the sound of someone knocking. I switch tabs on my monitor and groggily replied with "come in" as I pushed back and turned around in my swivel seat towards the entrance of my personal lab.

I Watched as a red echidna walked through the automatic doors on my lab
"Ah, Good Morning knuckles" I say as I lean back and turn back around switching tabs again "Good Morning Tails" He started as he walked towards me "You look.." He trailed off as he looked at me holding files and papers in his right hand while his left hand was waving around in a circle motion. My guess was that he's looking for the right words to say "A Mess?" I Replied Followed By A Small Chuckle. I Know I Look A Mess, I never leave this lab, I never go outside, I don't bother to groom my fur and all I drink is coffee and nibble on crackers. Every once in a while I'll eat a proper dish. Not to mention my clothes are outdated.

My goggles lenses are cracked on the right side and my lab coat is the one from the old lab I used to work in.
Usually I'm well organized and take proper care of myself but I've been a bit eager to find results or some information surrounding the events of two years ago. I've been desperate to find sonic. Going Outside might be a better way of finding him, but I have no ideas on where he could be or where to start, And besides I can always rely on chaos energy or the signal that will come from his scarf if he's near by... That's assuming he's wearing it.

"Yeah that" knuckles says as he looks away. He places the files on my desk right next to a mug that says 'Speed' written in cursive on it "Here's the latest reports on Dr. Robotnik Along With The Information On What Happened Two Years Ago" He Started As He Stepped Forward "Rouge has been bugging me to ask abo-" "YES! A SIGNAL!!" I slammed my left hand on my desk as my right hand was shoved in knuckles's face, my tails were wagging around close to propelling, my eyes lit up as I watched the signal go from the cliff on the map, all the way to a familiar house near the old place, I then started flying "YES!!" I shouted 'I finally fount him! I knew he survived!' I thought to myself as I flew throughout the lab quickly tightying things up and grooming my fur in excitement. I jelled up the extra fur on my head and quickly brushed my tails, they're a little messy, but it'll do. I also swapped lab coats. Though I didn't get rid of my goggles, I just fixed them up a bit. As soon as I relaxed I gently floated myself down only to meet the confused and surprised face of knuckles "What?" I Asked "What Was All That About?" He Countered. I stood there for a second before replying with "I've been tracking something for a very long time, and I finally got a signal! Can you believe it!" I jumped up as I Began To Spin My Tails "After two whole years I finally got a signal! Tell Rouge to tell shadow ill be gone for a few days! And I'm taking The Tornado!" I shouted As I Flew Out The Doors Of The Lab "Wait Where Are You-!!" Knuckles Was Cut Off By The Doors Shutting Close.

Knuckles Pov

"Wait Where Are You-!!" I Got Cut Off By The Doors Shutting. "-Going" I sighed and looked at the virtual screen that appeared above tails's keyboard. "What's so special about this signal anyways" I Mumbled As I Watched The Dot On The On The Screen Move From a House to what appeared to be a forest. Whatever this was, it must be important For The Fox To Be Leaving This Quick. Speaking Of Leaving, I should inform Rouge about Tails. I thought as I walked out the automatic doors of the lab. I walked down a few halls past some doors before making a left to the main room. Here we do group meetings or plot our next move or attacks. I walked into the main room, were I saw Rouge chatting with Shadow.

Rouge is a bat with white fur and dark purple wings. She has teal eyes with eyelashes, small fangs, and large pointy ears. Rouge Is Smart, Sassy, And Seductive. She's Also Very Loyal To Her Closest Friends And Has A Huge Thing For Jewelry. Next to her is Shadow,
Shadow is a hedgehog with red stripes on his quills, he has red eyes, small pointy ears, and a patch of white fur on his chest. Shadow Is Sharp-Witted, Always On Edge, And Has A Sharp Sense Of Purpose, Always Willing To Accomplish His Goals By Any Means. He's Also Always So Serious. He's Super Fast, Skillful And Can Use Chaos Control With One Emerald. He Mainly Prefers To Work Alone Sometimes But We're All A Team Here.

I walk over to the couch and tap on Rouge's Shoulder, Her Ears Twich Before She Turned Around "Oh Hey Knux~ Wassup?" She Turned Around Fully Facing Me, I paused a second before replying with "ehm, Tails wanted me to tell you-" "that he's leaving?" Rouge cut me off "Yeah, we know" she Chuckled "He just flew threw the exit over there" she continued as she pointed to the doors thats next to the main entrance. "Yes, he's leaving, I can't tell for how long though" I continued as I walked to the exit doors as well "and where do you think your going?" Rouge said, Now standing up with her hands on her hips, slightly tilting her body Forward "to angel island." I stated "ooh~ can I come with?" she asks "no" I answered as I walked through the exit "awh, too bad~ I'm coming anyways" she says as he lifts up her wings and flew next to me "away, bat." I grumbled "what was that? I can't hear you~" she says. I only growl in response. "Oh! We'll finish our conversation later, don't do anything stupid!" she shouted out to shadow, I jumped up and began to glide. Rouge noticed this and flew a bit higher "cya later handsome~" she said, waving off to shadow as she picked up her pace and flew right beside me. 'This trip is going to be annoying' I thought.