Chapter 3 - Delusions

Some song that Taehyung doesn't recognise plays in the background while he is on Jimin's bed, bundled up in sheets and his best friend's clothes, he made a nest because he is distressed and he lays in the middle of it, crying. Alone.

What is Jimin doing? Fucking, calculus.

"I seriously hate you so much!" Taehyung wails, throwing a pillow in Jimin's direction, the other didn't even flinch when the pillow hit his back. "I'm heartbroken!"

"That is the fucking reason I'm doing your calculus assignment which is due tomorrow so you can cry in peace." Jimin answers and tone so neutral that Taehyung wants to scream and appreciate both.

"Still, fuck you."

"Nah, until and unless you have got a big dick I don't wanna fuck with you."

Taehyung stares at Jimin's back, wishing that somehow Jimin would catch fire just by his stare but then again his best friend was doing his assignment so he'd spare Jimin.

"He has a mate, Jimin-ie." Taehyung diverts the topic again, tears again collecting in his eyes as he sniffs, pouty lips wobbling as he sees his dream crashing down of being the head alpha's mate right before his eyes.

"Well, didn't he say he knows who likes him from body language or something?" Jimin comments instead and Taehyung hums, already done with narrating Jimin word to word of his heartbreaking conversation with the leader. "I'm telling you, he has no mate, he was just trying to get rid of you."

Taehyung sniffs, eyes burning and more tears falling off. "Do you realise this is even worse?" He sobs, digging around the nest he made, he pulls out Jimin's favorite t-shirt blowing his nose on it and throws it on the floor, huffing at his well planned revenge being successful.

"Well, anything is better than being heartbroken, this was going to happen either way." Jimin says just as nonchalantly, flipping through his own assignment and copying it down in Taehyung's book.

"I am heartbroken!" Taehyung yells and holds something in his hand but freezes when the scent is different.

"Well, I told you, dumbass, don't get too lost in fantasy." Jimin flicks him off from over his shoulder getting back to writing.

It's faint, but definitely not Jimin's, it's some alpha's scent for sure.

Unfolding that clothing, he looks at the black plain t-shirt, too big to be of Jimin's size even, he holds it close to his nose and sniffs again, grimacing at the strong scent of wine with undertones of cedar.

He knows this scent, but doesn't remember whose it is.

"Jimin, is there any alpha in your life?" Taehyung asks tentatively, holding the t-shirt up. "Look back and answer." He demands wiping off his tears.

Jimin, as told, turns back, sees the t-shirt in Taehyung's hand and sighs. "That's Yoongi's."

"Okay," Taehyung frowns, Yoongi left the pack with his older sister just a week after his eighteenth birthday and cut contact with both him and Jimin, it was all sudden but then Jimin came up with the idea that probably Yoongi's mate was in the pack where his older sister lives now, "it's been so long I forgot his scent."

"It has only been six months." Jimin corrects, standing up and snatching away the t-shirt, throwing it somewhere in the closet again. "Don't ever bring this up again."

Taehyung, of course, needs answers. "Why do you have Yoongi's t-shirt?" He wipes his knuckles under his nose, taking a quick breath in an attempt to clear his clogged nostrils.

"It's just left behind." Jimin waves off and Taehyung squints but nods either way, his best friend looks unaffected so he doesn't dig into it.

"Anyways, I got my heart broken by Sir, Jimin, as you're saying he lied to me about having a mate just because he knew I liked him." Taehyung goes back to bury himself in the pile of clothing and bedsheets around, he adjusts them changing everything from here to there to make it look pretty decent but ends up crying from frustration. "Am I not pretty enough?!"