04 Fateful Night p.1

The student council meeting room was currently dimly lit with only one light illuminating the speaker. Around him were only four people, bringing the membership to five people.

"After combing through every possible adult we can have join us on the trip... I ended up with only one choice remaining..." Issei, the speaker begins, his eyes covered completely by the light reflecting on his glasses giving the illusion that his eyes are glowing.

"So I took that choice... and you know who it is?"

"Y-you're making me nervous... w-who accepted?" came the timid voice of a certain purple seaweed-haired individual.

"Kirei Kotomine!" Issei shouts in an over-the-top manner, jumpscaring his peers. He then begins shivering as he says, "By the Bodhisattvas... the man's voice gave me all sorts of bad vibes! If it were up to me, I'd soon become the best of friends with the damned vixen before I would even consider going near that man."

The door to the meeting room suddenly opens as Rin's head popped in, asking, "Is that Kotomine slander I hear?"

Issei in response exclaims, "Agh! The vixen!"

The rest of the people inside however had a far more calm reaction.

"Yo, Tohsaka-san./ What are you doing here Tohsaka?/ What's up Tohsaka-senpai?/ Good afternoon Tohsaka-sempai."

Unperturbed by Issei's reaction, the Tohsaka family head then enters the room enters.

"And to answer your question, Matou Shinji, I was passing by and heard someone scream the damned priest's voice so angrily that I could relate so I checked it out only to see you weirdos hanging out here. So what are you five up to?"

Shirou then explains, "Actually... Issei here was actually just about going to get there."

Issei however pushes up his glasses and adamantly says, "Not until she's gone..."

Shinji, finally annoyed, shouts, "just get on with it! I don't care if you have a weird hate-boner for Tohsaka! We have to get home soon since we need to take a call from Fuji-nee dammit! Whatever Yuji did to the router yesterday fudged up our connection yesterday so we promised to call now instead."

Seeing how most of the people shared that same sentiment save for Tohsaka, who just seems caught off-guard by Shinji's outburst, and Yuji who seems more ready to defend himself about the fudging up part, Issei relented.

"Fine... so as I was saying, I contacted everyone who I think could join us... but eventually was forced to settle with Kotomine Kirei since no one else could at the date you guys were hoping for... however."

He then lays a stack of papers which have the school logo, most likely the letter of consent.

"He said to bring at least 10 people to make it worth his while."

This gains a collective groan from everyone present save for Tohsaka who had a confused expression.

After the explanation, she then steps up and asks, "So what IS this about?"

Issei tries to turn her down once more only to lag behind Yuji who says, "Oh, it's Sakura-chan's birthday retreat," making his bespectacled friend freak out once more.

"WhatareyoudoingItadori?!"

Rin's eyes widen hearing this for the shortest of moments only to walk towards Issei's stack of papers before grabbing one much to the student council president's chagrin.

Issei proceeds to try and appeal to the others, saying, "Surely you all feel the same as me right? We can't let this witch in on this. She'll ruin things for sure."