Chap 3: High speed chase! Meet TryChaser again!

(Next day, Police Department - Meeting room)

Kaoru, as well as other members of the police force, watched the video they had found at the ruins where the archeologists had discovered the nest of the Unidentified Lifeforms. What they were watching right now was one of them murdering all of them. This wasn't the first time they had seen this so they were pretty much used to watching this right now, no matter how messed up that sounded.

So while everyone else watched the vid, Kaoru was looking at the latest information about the Unidentified Lifeforms and he was surprised at what he read. If he was reading this right, the samples they received from the remains of both Unidentified Lifeforms No. 1 and No. 2, they matched the same as a human which was unbelievable.

"Human, huh." Matsukura , the Chief Police of the city, muttered as the video came to an end and turned to a member of forensics. Matsukura  was a man in his late 50's. He was a bit chubby and some of his hair was turning white from age. "So you're saying that these... things are the same as us humans?"

"Only by blood comparison." The forensic member said. "We're still analyzing the remains of both No. 1 and No. 2. However, from this video, I believe that these Unidentified Lifeforms are similar to humans."

"I see." Matsukura  said. "So far, the victim number is 31. Information is also coming in from other prefectures. To review, we'll go over all the confirmed Unidentified Lifeforms so far."

Matsukura  then turned to a policemen standing by at the monitor.

"Let's begin."

"Yes sir." The man nodded and played what Matsukura  wanted.

Up on the screen a photo of Gumun appeared.

"First, we have No. 1 who first appeared in Nagano and later here. According to Officer Kaoru, the one responsible for his destruction was Unidentified Lifeform No. 3."

"Fighting amongst themselves, eh?" The man that was with Kaoru that night they found the remains of Gumun, Morimichi Sugita, said.

"Next, No. 3." Gooma then appeared on screen who was engaged in battle with Kuuga in Mighty Form. "This picture was taken by one of the citizens during yesterday's incident. As you can see, he was engaged in battle with No. 4 and was later confirmed to have been defeated and destroyed. Next, No. 2 and No. 3."

The next pictures were pictures of Kuuga in Growing Form fighting Gooma that one night and the one in Mighty Form with the one just recently shown.

"According to Officer Kaoru, both No. 2 and No. 4 are in fact one and the same so to avoid confusion, he shall be identified as No. 4. The belt round his abdomen is different from the rest and for some reason, he seems to be fighting his own kind, yet it is unknown whether or not he is an ally or not."

"The next set of pictures is hard to make out."

True to his word, the next picture was too blurry to make out a clear description, but it definitely wasn't human.

"This was taken from the Gifu Prefecture."

The next picture was also too blurry to make out.

"And this one was taken from the Aiuchi Prefecture."

"For convenience, we'll label the one from the video No. 0." Matsukura  said. "Adding in these last two, we've confirmed the existence of seven Unidentified Lifeforms. Notify all the police in the Kanto Region. We will continue to withhold information regarding the Unidentified Lifeforms. This must remain a secret!"

'Typical.' Kaoru thought as he wrote himself a reminder.

"When investigating the Unidentified Lifeforms, on confirmation, shoot on sight!" Matsukura  added.