The Hyperacidic Flirt

Start from the beginning

“Do you want to go back to the bathroom? Are you refusing to go because of me? We’re all human–”

“No, no, I…” he trailed off toward the end, growing aware of his vulnerability in front of the woman he loves. “I…I normally feel this way when I don’t eat well or have nothing to eat at all.”

Catalina stops moving upon hearing his words. “W-What are you trying to say?”

“I occasionally suffer from this bitch of pain called acid reflux,” Domenico struggles to answer. “I have a weak stomach and I was weirdly only given–”

“Wine,” Catalina continues for him in a rush, “Yes, I know that.”

“How do you know that?” He genuinely asked her. “Wait.” He raises a finger in front of him. It was easy to place the two together. “Were you behind why I was unable to eat or drink water tonight?”

“A-About that–”

“Oh, you diabolical woman,” he murmurs, “This is why I love you.”

She pays no heed to his proclamation of love for her. She was more surprised that maybe he didn’t overhear the conversation with her siblings. Aside from the shock, guilt was eating her up. Why did she not think of this? Is it because she unconsciously looks at him as someone who would not bow down over trivial matters like stupid acid reflux? “Why did you not tell me that you were hyper-acidic?” Even if Domenico is feeling all the pain, Catalina still made it a point to scold him. 

“You would have known if you’d made the time to talk and know more about each other.” Despite being in pain, he still made the effort to pout at her. 

“Shut up and let me think,” she spits out, her worries getting the best of her. 

“You can shut me up by kissing me. One won’t hurt, darling.”

“Can’t you see that you’re in no condition to be flirting with me?” She loops her arm around his and says, “Come now, I’m going to take you to your suite. It would be good to lie down–”

“I don’t want to burden you with my weight. I can walk without help.”

“I'm saying that you can lean on me without repercussions,” she tells him.

Domenico gasps softly out of excitement. “Why didn't you say so?” His face marred with pain disappears as a wide smile takes place. He gently removes his arm from her hold so that he’s free to wrap his arms around her. “You won’t mind if I hold you like this then?” He asks. 

Catalina felt his breath against her neck and the hairs on her arm began to stand. Weirdly enough, she didn’t mind being held by him. She just won’t admit that. “I-I did say without repercussions.” 

“I'm feeling a lot better now.” He then tenses behind her, softly squeezing her arms as he heaves out a low guttural moan. “Just kidding.” He takes back his words. “I'm not feeling well at all. Dio, I don’t feel good.”

Catalina was panicking at this point. “Okay, try to take slow and deep breaths while I take you to your suite, okay?” Her hand flies to hold his in reassurance. “This is from all the wine you drank tonight.”

“This is why I like whisky. Not only because of the taste and texture but also because of medical reasons. Maybe you’d want to know a fun fact about me before I run out of life.”

“You are not going to die, fish!” She berates him.

—---------

Once Catalina took him to his suite and led him to the king-sized bed, the man cries lightly in pain as he slowly climbs on top of the bed. She props the pillows so that his head lays comfortably on them. “What can I do? Do you want me to call for help?”