Only You

They were standing by the tents as the bands performed when Risa was called over by Chel and the other senatoriables.

"Sen. Risa, one of your favorites," Chel said cheerily, handing her a San Mig Light can.

"Iinom tayo?" Risa asked, eyebrows raised.

"Konti lang. Birthday naman ni VP saka nagpaalam na kami. Pumayag siya pero mamaya na daw hard drinks kapag nasa hotel na."

Risa nodded, opening her can and raising it along with Kiko's. "Happy birthday, VP Leni!" She drank more than she was supposed to but still, she continued, because if this isn't the perfect time to drink her sorrows away, then when?

It would also be the perfect excuse to anyone who would ask why her eyes were red and teary. She'd reason out the alcohol and all would be well, no one would know why she really was crying. Unless, Leni would be the one to ask. She was sure that if Leni asked, she would just spit the truth out then and there. Drunk or not.

It was almost 12 when Leni and her family arrived at the hotel. They celebrated for a while on their own but Leni went down to celebrate with her team afterwards. At that point, Risa was a few shots away from getting shit-faced drunk and was singing with Sharon very loudly in the function hall.

Leni watched them from her seat, an amused look on her face. She wasn't drinking a lot tonight aside from a few glasses of wine. She was sure that the others would be drunk and they would need at least one person to stay sober for them, so she took it upon herself to do that.

When Risa didn't hold her hand earlier, she chose to think nothing of it. What good would it do to the both of them if she entertained all the why's in her head? She would much rather not think about it. Even when it hurt her.

An hour and a half passed and everyone was sure that Risa was shit-faced drunk. Her singing partner, Sharon, had to be carried by Kiko to their hotel room because the two of them were already falling asleep while singing.

"Hi," Risa greeted Leni and plopped herself down beside her. "Sakit na ulo ko."

"Tama na kasi inom," Leni chuckled, taking notice of how Risa's head hung low and like she wanted to recline on something. "Inaantok ka na 'no?"

"Konti. But I'm okay lang."

"Konti daw. Konti na lang din makakatulog ka na dyan. Halika na, hahatid na kita sa room mo."

"Nope."

Leni looked at Risa in confusion then tried to stifle her laugh because Risa was grinning but her eyes were shut and she looked adorable. "Anong nope?"

"Call my staff na lang. Or ako na lang aakyat. I can stand up naman," Risa tried standing up only to wobble and stumble sidewards, falling suddenly into Leni's lap.

She sat upright, hands on Leni's shoulders, and laughed. "Woops, my bad veep. I can't stand up pala."

Leni laughed loudly and guided Risa off her lap. She held her arm as they both stood up, "Ihahatid na kita. Baka mapa'no ka pa dyan."

"That's my President!" Risa exclaimed which had everyone looking at the two of them.

Leni apologized and excused the two of them from the table, also saying that she was tired and was going straight to her room to rest after helping Risa. While they were walking towards the elevator, Risa giggled, "Hey, Leni..."

"Ano 'yun?"

"Did you like my song?"

"'Yung kinanta mo kanina para sa'kin?"