Chapter 25

Brian struggled to loosen Xkmotg's grip around his wrist. For her stupid tentacles being so slimy, they sure could hold a death grip easily. But none of her attention was even on him. She had all of her focus on Leanne, whose eyes had gone completely glassy and seemed to suddenly be off in her own world.

          Xkmotg opened the cell and forced him in before tossing Lonnie in behind him.

       "Leanne." Brian whispered, shaking one of her shoulders as Xkmotg pulled her tentacle away. "Leanne, snap out of it!"

        "What's going on?!" Jared asked, making it to his feet. "Is she okay?!"

       "I don't know." Brian answered before turning on Xkmotg. "What did you do to her?!"

        "Hate to break it to you, but I didn't do a thing."

         "Bullshit! What else could have happened?!"

         Xkmotg left the room without even answering, chuckling.

         "Hey, Leanne." Brian whispered, lightly slapping one of her cheeks. "Leanne, snap out of it!"

         She slowly pulled her legs into her chest, the fog starting to clear from her eyes.

         "Huh?" She whispered, her voice sounding small.

          "What just happened? It was like you weren't here for a while."

        "We're never going to leave here."

         Brian's eyes widened. "What are you talking about? We'll figure out something."

        "No. We won't."

        "What the hell has gotten into you?"

         "Just drop it."

         "No! Seriously, what the hell?!" Brian snapped, his hands clenching into fists. He was trying to help them all figure out a way home and Leanne was talking as if they were already dead!

        He refused to let that be the end! They had to get out of there, they had to do Charity and Kassidy justice!

         Leanne hesitantly looked away. "Look at the situation we're in. We have no one to help us, we're all locked in these stupid cells, and we'll probably be executed any day now. She's probably just figuring out what execution method would be the most enjoyable for her."

       "Stop talking like that!" Jared snapped. "We'll get out of here!"

        "I'm just telling the truth. You'll all get your reality checks soon enough."

         Brian had to resist the urge to slap her for talking like that. He knew that she had to be terrified, hell they all were, but he never thought he'd see her this scared. Scared enough to give up hope completely.

         How could he fix that, thought? He knew that verbal reassurance wasn't going to do shit to change her made.

         Lonnie stirred, slowly moving to sit up.

         "You okay, dad?" Hruyyus whispered.

          He slowly shook his head. "How can she really be-"

         "I'm sorry." Brian whispered.

         "Let's just take that psycho bitch down."

         Jared smirked. "Now you're talking."

        With a frown, Lonnie turned to study Leanne. "What's up with her? Is she alright?"

         "She's being a bit of a pessimist, to say the least." Brian muttered.

         Jared sighed, pacing his cell. "Can you shut up for five minutes and let me think?"

        Brian quirks an eyebrow. "What did I-"

         "Not you."

          "God, I can't stand it here." Hruyyus muttered.

        Leanne sighed. "Well, it's not like we'll be in here much longer."

         Brian had to hold back a growl.

        "We'll figure something out." Lonnie said softly.