Chapter 9

Brian sat awkwardly in a corner of the classroom. Leanne and he held eye contact, Leanne in the opposite corner.

         "Okay, this is ridiculous." He said softly.

         He didn't know why Leanne was freaking out so much. Sure, he freaked out at first too, but he had taken time to process the situation.

          She didn't answer, bashfully staring down to the floor.

        "Come on, why are you being so weird?"

         "Just leave it alone."

          "Alright, fine. I'm here when you're ready to talk."

         "I've never kissed anyone." She whispered.

         "That's not true."

        "Yeah, it is. I lied when I told you guys I had my first kiss. I made it up."

        "Oh. S-Sorry I didn't mean to-"

        "You didn't know."

         "Still, I'm sorry."

         "Well, it's not like I've never wanted a boyfriend! I have someone that I really, really like it's just that I- I... I don't know how to tell him."

         Brian stared at her for a moment. Of course he wanted to be there for Leanne, but he didn't expect her to start rambling on about another guy not even twenty minutes after he just kissed her.

          "What?"

         "Nothing." He muttered.

        "Oh! Oh my god! I didn't mean to- I know I must've sounded so- sorry."

         "It's fine."

         "Really?"

         "Yeah."

          They were silent for a while before Leanne looked up. "We should uhhh... we should go find Kassidy and Jared now."

         "Good idea."

         They both stood up but were silent. They stared at each other for a moment and Brian's face went red. "Why don't uh... could you stay with Stefanie?"

         "Yeah, yeah sure."

         Brian nodded, trying to breathe away the butterflies in his chest as he walked out of the classroom.

          "Hope it works out."