ron turns to you, "speaking of that cat of yours, where is it? and just saying, i haven't seen scabbers all day"

you huff and cross your arms with a pout, "i can't believe you'd even think that obanai could do such a thing! he wouldn't harm a fly"

the others look to the side,

i don't know about that..

harry looks down at the scratches on his fingers from the one time he tried to pat obanai while your back was turned, he shudders.

"plus, he is fast asleep with du-"

you freeze,

uh oh! i nearly slipped the fact i have duck!

you shake your head, "he is fast asleep alone in my dorm!"

they all eye you in suspicious,

what was she about to say?

hermione shakes her head, "anyways- that thing has a name?!" she questions.

"well of course he's got a name, he's mine!"

you beam happily, "he's yours?! oo, , lucky!!"

hagrid beams back at you, happy at least someone likes his pet.

you contemplate again telling him about duck, gnawing on your lip softly.

you pick at your nails a bit,

i don't think hagrid will tell.. he doesn't seem like that kind of person.. okay! i'll tell him when i get the chance!

"i bought him off an irish feller i met down the pub last year. then i lent him to dumbledore to guard the.." he pauses, you tilt your head.

"yes?" harry presses.

"shouldn't have said that. no more questions! don't ask anymore questions. that's top secret that is" he shakes his head, you pout.

"but hagrid.. whatever fluffy's guarding, snape's trying to steal it!" harry says pleadingly.

hagrid stops in his tracks and turns to the four of you, "codswallop. professor snape is a hogwarts teacher." hagrid reasons.

"hogwarts teacher or not, i know a spell when i see one. i've read all about them. you've got to keep eye contact, and snape wasn't blinking. "

"exactly" harry nods along.

you didn't actually notice snape, so you just stay silent, though still listening intently.

"now, you listen to me, all four of you" he quiets his voice, "you're meddling in things that ought not to be meddled in. it's dangerous" he warns.

you, ron, harry, and hermione just stand side-by-side and look up at him.

"what that dog is guarding is strictly between professor dumbledore and nicholas flamel"

you raise your eyebrows along with the other three, "nicholas flamel?" you question.

hagrid looks up, "i shouldn't have said that. i should not have said that" he starts walking away from you all, repeating how he should not have said that.

"nicholas flamel.." harry whispers quietly.

"who's nicholas flamel?" he turns to the three of you.

hermione shakes her head, "i dunno"

your gaze turns to the direction hagrid had just left.