If it's not for Mr. Theodore glass, Shu would have stayed in his apartment obviously doing the piles of assignments and prepare for the exams which are around the corner. After all it was the damned wicked three-day holiday weekend. But there he was, riding inside a taxi where another one of those horrendous monstrosity that is capable to drive him insane.

"I should have stayed home, instead." Shu ignored the existence of that hideous monster while he chewed the inside of his cheek anxiously, bouncing his left leg softly.

As much as Shu loathed the creepy creatures, he was, still a human. A helpless teenager. Of course he feared them as others, but the difference is, he could see and hear the harrowing moans of the evil spirits while others don't.

"I'm in desperate need of money to pay off dad's debts. Otherwise I wouldn't have agreed to that dealing with Mr. Glass." Shu clenched his jaw, barely controlling his shallow breaths.

Shu staggered back into the seat hoping it would open up and swallow him as a whole, he had seen where the monsters came from. Even in his panicked mind, Shu remained in a calm and collected vigor, trying to ignore the horrifying creature gnawing at the head of the taxi driver like a child nibbling at a popsicle.

Bloodshot razor like eyes from inside of the skull glaring viciously at him like a warning threat as if it has acknowledged his ability to feel its presence, flat nose dripping with strange black liquid which Shu has to hold back the urge to puke from the pungent smell of rotting eggs. With a drooling lips and a mould caked appearance it screeched in a way that jaw would tore apart. Shu drifted his gaze to the window as his heart skipped a beat faster.

"Ignore it. Ignore it. It doesn't exist. It doesn't exist-" Shu held back a breath when the creature came crawling to the side of his cheek, glaring dangerously close.

"You okay there, kiddo? You kind of look pale and sick" The driver asked, taking quick glances at the albino boy from the mirror.

Shu grunted, hands gripping against the fabric of his pink shirt. The more the creature looms in, the more he feels suffocated. "Yes. I'm okay. Thanks for your concern, mister."

After hearing it the creature dangled back to the driver once again, gnawing at him like it did a few moments ago. "That was a close call." Shu sighed. He couldn't help but wonder what kind of a chaotic land it would have been if everyone suddenly gains the ability as him.

Shu heard the clacking sounds of fingers kissing against the radio as the driver fiddles with it like a heart broken teenager stubbornly searching for that one perfect sad music to drive out even more pain to create the heartbreaking mood then, finally drown in the ocean of darkness.

Another sigh made its way out of his lips for like the hundredth time, having nothing else to do the albino propped his elbow on the hand rest and soulfully gazed at the teeming activity of the bustling city that was now cut off from the outskirts by a swathe of passive, daunting forest that has the appeal of a forgotten land. Which has been lost in time.

Shu winced slightly at the tires that makes a monotonous hiss over the rain washed road, everything about the ride was an epitome of boredom. Even the hostile presence of the evil spirit has died out. Shu fished out his phone and opened the messager app. The dealing with Mr. Glass was one of a kind. Earlier that day Shu received a silver dagger, Mr. Glass wants him to exorcise the apparently wandering spirits in this said unknown location approximately somewhere in the woods. He didn't give out further heads up on the mission, though, agreed to a good sum of payment about 50 million for the job.

His father ran up into a massive debts after borrowing from loan sharks, plagued by long term debts and so Shu's life turned miserable when his mother was diagnosed with a serious illness. Even if He worked several part time jobs with overtime, he wouldn't be able to pay off the loan sharks and his mother's treatment bills. That's when this mysterious businessman came to acknowledge about Shu's natural ability to sense the apparent creatures and offered a deal.